[SOLVED] White dots and lines show everytime I start any game, then it restarts the PC

Feb 7, 2020
I've been playing Rocket League on my GTX 560Ti for over7months now.Today, suddenly after 2 hours of playing it showed yellow/white dots all over the screen and it crashed. I let the PC rest for like an hour or so, then started the game again, it did the same thing but this time the whole PC restarted.
I tried to uninstall the drivers and re-install them, I tried to remove my RAM and left 1 slot only. Now after a few tests, it shows white/magenta lines all over the screen. Is the GPU dead? does the PSU have anything to do with this? or could it be something else?

Feb 7, 2020
Trying yet another driver got the PC to work without these stripes while booting. Anyways it keeps crashing every time I play any game for even 2mins.

Feb 7, 2020
as long as the slot is right it should work. if your mobo has the slot the card needs, your good.
the 970 does not have a GPU onboard.
The GT 210 worked fine, so I noticed it's the GPU.
I used MSI AfterBurner to lower the GPU's memory clock to the lowest possible. Now it no longer crashes, but it's running at it's half power. Is there any way to fix this? or is the GPU dead?