White dotted lines.

G

White dotted lines are showing up in games such as SS and Quake. Started about 2 weeks ago and now Half Life and Undying are being affected. Wickedgl helps with Quake and SS but not in Half Life. It seems to be a software issue and must mention that when FSAA is turned on my voodoo 5 the lines go away. Now, these lines have only recently been showing up and when I went to a gaming center to experiment and TRIED find them on their systems, no such luck. Has anyone heard of this problem before? Let me know if you have an suggestions.

G

your tried various drivers? Have you overclocked at all? If so you need to back down a bit. If you haven't, you may need to clock it down.

Booky

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2001
Yeah, did you overclock? I got lots of dots, guess they could make up a line. But my problem was bad memory on the video card. Those are alos classic signs of too much stress on video memory or just plain old failing memory, like in my case. BTW my card was only 1 month old, was rated at 400MHZ had to back all down to 365MHz to get dots to go away. Well they enver went away totally, so I sent it in and got replacment.

Crap, all the good ones are already taken.