[SOLVED] White LED lit on Gigabyte 6600x XT Gaming OC ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 25, 2022
I have a gigabyte GPU and it often has the white LED near the PCIE power plug for “power cable disconnected.” When this white LED is on, RGB Fusion 2.0 is unable to detect the card and I can’t change the colors on my GPU.

If I turn my computer on and off via holding down the power button several times, the white LED will go away. The issue will go away until I shut down my computer. This is the weird bit: the issue seems to only occur with modular PSU’s on a Gigabyte B550 Aorus PRO AC mobo.

On the B550 board, I’ve tried it with two different new Corsair modular PSU’s (RM650x & RM750) and they would throw the same white LED issue. If I try it with a semi-modular PSU (some bronze Power Spec PSU), I have no issues and the white LED does not come on.

I have also tried the two modular Corsair PSU’s on a older mobo: Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite and white LED does not turn on.

I have updated the B550 to the latest BIOS firmware and the GPU is on the latest drivers. I understand the B550 has PCIE gen 4 while the B450 only has PCIE gen 3. So I am wondering if there’s anything in the BIOS settings that I am missing. Please help, thanks!

Solution
Sounds more like a loose connection on the GPU. Inspect the power connector on the GPU. And take a close look at the PCIe cables you are plugging in. Pins and sockets can get loose from the plastic, one might be bent. Your other PSU might just be a slightly better fit.

Both power supplies should have no issues running that card.

PCIe revision should not be a factor.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Sounds more like a loose connection on the GPU. Inspect the power connector on the GPU. And take a close look at the PCIe cables you are plugging in. Pins and sockets can get loose from the plastic, one might be bent. Your other PSU might just be a slightly better fit.

Both power supplies should have no issues running that card.

PCIe revision should not be a factor.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.