White LED strip changing colors spontaneously

Robbie Ferraz

Commendable
Feb 7, 2017
So, when i built my gaming PC I bought a pair of white led strips with it, ONLY WHITE. After about a couple of months it started changed to a yellow. I thought nothing of it and hoped that it will go back to white but it didn't, it just changes through: Orange, Yellow and Red.
When you buy the led strip they give you an option to buy an extra chip would allow you to change colors through RGB.
If anyone could help me get my led strip back to white it would be much appreciated.
thanks

Solution
RGB outputs white by powering all 3 channels, (Red, Green & Blue). As Green + Blue = Yellow that would suggest the Red element of the strip is faulty.

If you're lucky it could be a fault connection, i'd try stripping it out, have a look at the connects giving them a clean if you can, then put it all back together.

If after that its still not working unfortunately it may need to be replace.

check if its under warranty.
RGB outputs white by powering all 3 channels, (Red, Green & Blue). As Green + Blue = Yellow that would suggest the Red element of the strip is faulty.

If you're lucky it could be a fault connection, i'd try stripping it out, have a look at the connects giving them a clean if you can, then put it all back together.

If after that its still not working unfortunately it may need to be replace.

check if its under warranty.

Solution

Robbie Ferraz

Commendable
Feb 7, 2017

Thank you so much, yes it was a faulty connection. I reconnected the cable and its now looking as good as ever!

TRENDING THREADS