White light on my graphics card above 8pin connector

Sep 2, 2018
When I turn on the system ( recently made brand new ) there is a light above the 8 pin connector on the gpu and the fans on the gpu start perfectly when turned on , but few seconds later fans stop I think it’s the power but I don’t know I’m a noob

Solution
Usually the white light above the power connectors is an indicator to show that it has been plugged in properly. As for the fans not spinning depending on the model of the card (usually 9xx series onwards for Nvidia or 3xx onwards for amd) its a feature-the fans won't spin until a certain temp has been reached to ensure quiet operation under light load.

You need to tell which GPU you are using. In all likelihood everything is fine though.

Usually the white light above the power connectors is an indicator to show that it has been plugged in properly. As for the fans not spinning depending on the model of the card (usually 9xx series onwards for Nvidia or 3xx onwards for amd) its a feature-the fans won't spin until a certain temp has been reached to ensure quiet operation under light load.

Solution