Question White line flashing on screen

Countess_C

Reputable
Aug 24, 2019
I have a dark desktop wallpaper and usually only have the browser window on the left side of the screen. Once or twice a minute I see a thin white line flash somewhere on the desktop part of the screen. What can be causing that? Is my GTX 1060 6GB on its way to GPU heaven? It is a couple of years old, but this is the only "problem" I have seen so far. Or could it be caused by the monitor or Windows?

y0d42Bw.jpg

Last edited:
If it's always the same line then it's extremely unlikely to be a failing GPU.
This looks more like a software bug to me.
You can run furmark or any of the big GPU benchmarking suits to check, if the problem gets bigger it could be your card, if it doesn't show up at all then it's something with windows or an app you are running.

Reactions: Countess_C

Countess_C

Reputable
Aug 24, 2019
If it's always the same line then it's extremely unlikely to be a failing GPU.
This looks more like a software bug to me.
You can run furmark or any of the big GPU benchmarking suits to check, if the problem gets bigger it could be your card, if it doesn't show up at all then it's something with windows or an app you are running.
Oh ok. It appears anywhere on the left side of the screen. It might happen on the right side as well, but I can't see it when having the browser open. Good idea to run a benchmark program. :)