Question White line on the black screen, but works fine with other monitor

Dec 5, 2021
I have this weird anomaly with my PC. When I turn it on, I see this black screen with a small static white line.
Like this one ------- https://external-preview.redd.it/1E...bp&s=e209191ce3c765ece78a0934de48416b133c49cf ------
No motherboard loading screen, no windows, just this screen. Also the ez debug VGA light is on.. But that's not all. When I plug my PC into another monitor, it works perfectly fine. And when I turn my PC off and plug my monitor back, it works again. (using the same HDMI cable)
After doing that trick, my PC works perfectly fine, no weird sounds, no flickering, no bugs, all temps are fine and that VGA light is not on anymore. But after I restart my PC I get the same white line again. Until I do that other monitor trick again......
(also one time , when i removed my mouse from the PC and turned it on, it worked again. But this only worked one time)

I have tried reinstalling Windows, different SSD, new MOBO battery, new cables, different ram/sata slots.. anything I can think of basically.
Also my monitor works perfectly as well.
I just don't know where the problem is..

I don't know if the specs matter but : RX 580 8GB, MSI B350M Gaming Pro , AMD Ryzen 3 1200, Crucial Ballistix 16GB, Corsair VS550. (I haven't changed the components for few years)

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

How old is the PSU in that build? As for your motherboard, what BIOS version are you working with? That image you've linked above, is that yours or from another redditor? Might want to parse a video of what you're seeing, after hoisting image/video on Imgur or a site of similar nature(hosting site). What version(not edition) of Windows 10(assuming you're not working with Windows 11) are you on?

Link to the ram kit used in the build?

Dec 5, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

How old is the PSU in that build? As for your motherboard, what BIOS version are you working with? That image you've linked above, is that yours or from another redditor? Might want to parse a video of what you're seeing, after hoisting image/video on Imgur or a site of similar nature(hosting site). What version(not edition) of Windows 10(assuming you're not working with Windows 11) are you on?

Link to the ram kit used in the build?

Thank you!
The PSU is from 2018. Motherboard has the newest BIOS (I just updated it, didn't change anything). The image is not mine, but this link is a photo of my monitor now. View: https://imgur.com/a/hFox38q
I have Windows 10 Pro, version 21h2.

I have 2x of these --- Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB PC4-19200 2400MHz DDR4 CL16 BLS8G4D240FSB

Last edited: