white lines all over screen

TomZap35

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2015
The title says most of it, It happened yesterday I was playing PUBG with some mates yesterday when my computer decided to spaz out, The screen went this weird green and the audio went mad.(note I was running the game on high even though I usually play the game on low I just wanted to see how many FPS I get) After the reboot I couldn't get pass the BIOS screen and it had two massive white lines on it.

Today I went and reinstalled windows 10 and I managed to get into it now when I got to windows the two massive white lines where still there so I changed the resolution from the lowest which it was set to, I then changed it to my monitors native resolution (1680 x 1050) but now I got lots of smaller horizontal lines going through my screen. https://imgur.com/a/uHpSV? I also went out to the store and brought a DVI cable to see if my DisplayPort cable was not working but I still got the same result I also cannot install AMD drivers the computer will just crash and black screen when the drivers are about to be installed, I'm using a R9 270 any help would be great.

Solution

Yup I was afraid that may be the case.

I'm sorry but it looks like it's time to look for a new Graphics card! - atleast the integrated graphics will keep you up and running in the meantime!

TomZap35

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2015

I'm using my integrated graphics right now and I'm not having any issues with it, so it must be the gpu.

Andy_K

Prominent
Jun 1, 2017

Yup I was afraid that may be the case.

I'm sorry but it looks like it's time to look for a new Graphics card! - atleast the integrated graphics will keep you up and running in the meantime!

Solution

TomZap35

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2015

is there any way to fix this?

TomZap35

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2015

Hey mate just a quick one I think I'm going to get a gtx 1060 3gb, I was wondering if my psu (HEXA+ 500W) will be able to run it thanks.