Question White lines on certain colours

PetarStev

Reputable
Jul 3, 2019
I have an AOC 27G2U. The monitor is amazing but I have just one problem. I've also experienced this on 21.5 inch 1080p ips philips monitor. On certain colours, like some blue or orange ones, I get horizontal white/greyish lines. On the philips monitor the lines were vertical. I have no idea if and how I can fix this problem, as it is very annoying.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Not exactly sure what you are talking about. IPS panels don't typically exhibit the problems of TN panels when displaying homogenous colors of certain shades. (Flickering and moire patterns are somewhat common with certain shades for gray, purple, and green. I could see that happening with orange, not so much a straight blue)

As it is happening on more than one monitor, I'm beginning to suspect something else.

What display connector are you using? What display adapter (graphics card or onboard)? Are you running the native resolution? What application is displaying these colors?

PetarStev

Reputable
Jul 3, 2019
Not exactly sure what you are talking about. IPS panels don't typically exhibit the problems of TN panels when displaying homogenous colors of certain shades. (Flickering and moire patterns are somewhat common with certain shades for gray, purple, and green. I could see that happening with orange, not so much a straight blue)

As it is happening on more than one monitor, I'm beginning to suspect something else.

What display connector are you using? What display adapter (graphics card or onboard)? Are you running the native resolution? What application is displaying these colors?
It's not a problem in applications, it's system wide. I'm using a displayport cable and I have a GTX 1070, but I've had this problem also on a different gpu and on an hdmi cable. There's no flickering, but static lines across those colours. But I think I only see them on certain blue and orange colours.

PetarStev

Reputable
Jul 3, 2019
Are you talking about color banding perhaps?

If you are seeing actual lines across multiple GPUs and multiple displays, and multiple connectors I have no idea. Dirty power? Interference from some other device in your house?

Are any of the effects you are seeing exacerbated by any of these test pages?

Only lines where the colours are. Outside the colours there are none.