White mould in my car

tomjones1995

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2012
Hi guys, I have put my beloved sports car in to storage in my garage and bought another car to use as a runaround. Recently when I went to check on it, it had started to get white mould patches on the steering wheel, passenger side mat, 2p size on passenger seat and on the driver seat belt and dash. So my question is, how do I safely remove this without damaging my car interior??

Solution
Big danger with mold is airborne spores. Use caution if cleaning it yourself. Boats and RV's have this problem too. If you research along those lines you may find more help and ways to prevent it.

tomjones1995

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2012
Thanks guys for all your replies, do any of you reckon I could just remove I with a regular car interior cleaner? I just thought it might need to be antimicrobial to kill the mould. I'm not sure, I just don't want it to damage my interior. Sorry for posting it on a computer site, its also a hobby of mine

tomjones1995

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2012
Thanks guys for all your replies, do any of you reckon I could just remove I with a regular car interior cleaner? I just thought it might need to be antimicrobial to kill the mould. I'm not sure, I just don't want it to damage my interior. Sorry for posting it on a computer site, its also a hobby of mine, repairing computers. It was fine parked outside, I moved it into the garage for shelter so possibly it could be damp in there