Question White Noise Like Static Appearing Every 5 Hours Or So.

Jun 3, 2022
Hello, Toms Hardware I Have been having some issues now for some time Regarding my gaming rig and it's super unbearable It's almost like an old school Analog TV Sound Thats now appears every 5-9 hours maybe until the next day it comes through but its unpredictable and its either while I'm listening to music or watching some type of documentary on YouTube or when I'm gaming, I have tried almost everything heres a list:

1. Updating Sound Drivers / Rollback

2. Installation back and forth between Windows 10/ Win 11

3. Separated Cables Connected into The Wall Output

4. Removing the Ram Sticks and Putting Them Back in Place.

5. Change of Old/New Speakers.

And see heres the thing right now I don't want to put in a Soundcard I think it's too early for that I mean I don't even have a year yet with this PC and to think that i need to put a soundcard in it sounds ridiculous at this point i would love to leave this as a last option for now.

Here are the PC Specs:

. AMD 3rd Gen RYZEN Threadripper 3960X 24-Core 3.8GHz (4.5 GHz Turbo)

. 16GB (2x8GB) PC4-24000 DDR4 3000MHz Dual Channel

. APEVIA Prestige Series 1000W Extra Quiet ATX Power Supply (6+2pin)x4

. EVGA CLC 120 extra quiet Liquid Cooling System

. Thermaltake View 37 RGB Gull Wing window, front USB 3.0 & USB 2.0 (Case Chassis)

. AMD Radeon RX 550 4GB PCI Express 3.0, up to 3 monitors, 3 Display Ports

. 2TB m.2 Solid State Drive, NVMe PCI-Express 3.0, 1500MB/s

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You forgot to mention the make and model of your motherboard. Also, how is your system a year old if the Threadripper processor you're on was released in late 2019...? Age of the PSU? BIOS version for your motherboard? Can you list your audio equipment as well as how they're tethered to your audio ports?

Hello, Toms Hardware I Have been having some issues now for some time Regarding my gaming rig and it's super unbearable It's almost like an old school Analog TV Sound Thats now appears every 5-9 hours maybe until the next day it comes through but its unpredictable and its either while I'm listening to music or watching some type of documentary on YouTube or when I'm gaming, I have tried almost everything heres a list:

1. Updating Sound Drivers / Rollback

2. Installation back and forth between Windows 10/ Win 11

3. Separated Cables Connected Into The Wall Output

4. Removing The Ram Sticks And Putting Them Back In Place.

And see heres the thing right now I don't want to put in a Soundcard I think it's too early for that I mean I don't even have a year yet with this PC and to think that i need to put a soundcard in it sounds ridiculous at this point i would love to leave this as a last option for now.

Here are the PC Specs :

. AMD 3rd Gen RYZEN Threadripper 3960X 24-Core 3.8GHz (4.5 GHz Turbo)

. 16GB (2x8GB) PC4-24000 DDR4 3000MHz Dual Channel

. APEVIA Prestige Series 1000W Extra Quiet ATX Power Supply (6+2pin)x4

. EVGA CLC 120 extra quiet Liquid Cooling System

. Thermaltake View 37 RGB Gull Wing window, front USB 3.0 & USB 2.0 (Case Chassis)

. AMD Radeon RX 550 4GB PCI Express 3.0, up to 3 monitors, 3 Display Ports

. 2TB m.2 Solid State Drive, NVMe PCI-Express 3.0, 1500MB/s
I don't see your motherboard listed. If it contains an ALC4080 sound chip there were some problems with those and patches were issued. You might check out your sound chip.

Jun 3, 2022
The Motherboard is a:

. PRIME TRX-40 PRO S
. Realtek USB 2.0 (Mobo Soundcard)

And well the BIOS all updated (v1603 - AMD AGESA CASTLE Peak PI-SP3r3-1.0.0.7) I have updated the bios twice in the months of January and march

As far as the age of the PSU I can't know for sure, but I do know that when I purchased this pc it was back on October 11th of 2021 it was pre-build all I might know is it's that the PSU is not the best brand it's an (APEVIA 1000w Prestige Power 80 Plus Gold)

At this point I'm just super frustrated I know that everything in life has a solution but having this PC for its whole life cycle with this issue is not a healthy thing. If it's that I have to put a new PSU in it, I'll do it with no issue can it be this (3V3A single 120 fan) that I have hooked onto the CPU that's not pushing enough cooling? I have also thought of putting a Noctua fan on it I'm not sure it's just me taking a guess.

And before I forget the Speakers are A 2.0 Speakers Non-AC Adapter USB Based With head jack 3.5 mm

TRENDING THREADS