Question white noise when playing games or music

SwiftNeo

Honorable
Oct 3, 2014
Hello everyone. I'm new to the PC world so please bare with me.
My band new, not even a week old pc is having sound issues when i play games and music . it sounds like how old TVs sound when
you don't have cable connected to it. I the Optical Out for sound so i can use my Sonos system .
I don't have any other problems when i use it with my tv. iv also tried different optical cables to rule that out . after a bit ill stop getting sound unless i reset my PC
I'm not really sure what to to.
I attached a Youtube video of it. Any help is welcomed Thanks.
View: https://youtu.be/LkCEjDWeEtk

My specs
i7-10700k
MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Edge Wifi
RTX3060
EVGA 600 PSU 80 Gold+

Last edited:
I think it is a Windows issue, I have been having this on three laptops using several headphones and several sound cards including a decent external one. Online movies as well as my MP4 videos. Going to see if it gets resolved by a patch.
Anytime audio is played, there is a background noise in it, sometimes it goes away when I set it to a bit louder but comes back.
Another issue since the last Windows update is that video and web sites are stuck when system puts the screen off. My videos are black but audio plays, and the web sites do not scroll till I do a refresh.
One of the more broken updates.

Last edited:

SwiftNeo

Honorable
Oct 3, 2014
I think it is a Windows issue, I have been having this on three laptops using several headphones and several sound cards including a decent external one. Online movies as well as my MP4 videos. Going to see if it gets resolved by a patch.
Anytime audio is played, there is a background noise in it, sometimes it goes away when I set it to a bit louder but comes back.

I wish the sound came back if i set it louder. Currently i have no sound at all unless i reset my PC all together. someone told me to plug it into wall and not through a power strip.
Ill try that and get back to you

I wish the sound came back if i set it louder. Currently i have no sound at all unless i reset my PC all together. someone told me to plug it into wall and not through a power strip.
Ill try that and get back to you

Sorry I may not have understood the issue you have, it does not sound like what mine is. Mine is just a background hum/static under the audio I get.

Optical cables are a bit touchy with connections, it may be an issue with the port on the computer, if there is not a good seal there pretty bad audio distortion like you are moving the connector around. If you tried different cables I would contact the motherboard vendor and have them trouble-shoot the port with it, the board may need to be replaced.

SwiftNeo

Honorable
Oct 3, 2014
Sorry I may not have understood the issue you have, it does not sound like what mine is. Mine is just a background hum/static under the audio I get.

Optical cables are a bit touchy with connections, it may be an issue with the port on the computer, if there is not a good seal there pretty bad audio distortion like you are moving the connector around. If you tried different cables I would contact the motherboard vendor and have them trouble-shoot the port with it, the board may need to be replaced.

I contacted Customer support and you was right. i have to send back the motherboard for a fix or replacement. the problem is that i have school work to complete and cant really do that.

Would buying a soundcard fix the problem ? if so which one so you think would work best . would still need to use an Optical port though .

Jun 3, 2022
Sorry for the up-post but this is the same exact problem I'm facing and it's super annoying I refuse to believe it's a problem with the motherboard 🙄

Hello everyone. I'm new to the PC world so please bare with me.
My band new, not even a week old pc is having sound issues when i play games and music . it sounds like how old TVs sound when
you don't have cable connected to it. I the Optical Out for sound so i can use my Sonos system .
I don't have any other problems when i use it with my tv. iv also tried different optical cables to rule that out . after a bit ill stop getting sound unless i reset my PC
I'm not really sure what to to.
I attached a Youtube video of it. Any help is welcomed Thanks.
View: https://youtu.be/LkCEjDWeEtk

My specs
i7-10700k
MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Edge Wifi
RTX3060
EVGA 600 PSU 80 Gold+
This motherboard contains a Realtek ALC4080 audio chip which has known problems. Realtek released 2 patches for this chip. Some companies like ASUS distributed the patches. You need to contact MSI support and find out why they haven't released their version of the patches for this chip.

TRENDING THREADS