White page at startup unable to get rid

kellylawless22

Honorable
Feb 17, 2013
Last week I was on the internet on my Dell Studio laptop. I opened a new tab and all of a sudden the entire screen was filled with a 'internet cannot display the page' page. I know this page appears when you are browsing the net and loose connectivity, however, after restarting my laptop, the home screen appears and a couple of seconds later disappears and the white page comes up. I canot access the menu bar or anything else when the page appears. I have pressed nearly every combination i can think of to get rid of it and it stays there. there is no 'x' box at the top to close it. The only thing that worked was when i pressed ctrl+alt+delete and this brought up the task manager option, however when i cliscked on start task manager it appeared for a second and then disappeared, like its going behind the white page. Can someone PLEASE help me. I have also tried the boot system option on start up and it is saying there are no problems found.

Download the entire Dell manual, from the website, for your model.
Look in the manual for the function keys, (F Keys) and the bios set up...

There is an F key you can hold down, as the computer is starting.
It varies according to the manufacturer and model.
If you hold down the key, you will get a recovery option menu...
you may be able to run system restore, because Dell has that option usually..

Open the bios and set DVD to boot first
Insert the windows 7 install disk...
start the computer, select "upgrade."
Upgrade will set the system back to default, without erasing your files or programs.
Use UPGRADE, to restore the system back to default.

kellylawless22

Honorable
Feb 17, 2013
I have Avast anti virus on it, a green box usually appears in the bottom right corner saying the laptops fine, i did manage to get the laptop working in safe mode where i was able to rescue some of my files. Last summer i had a similar page come up but after shutting down the laptop it went away.
I cant download anything guys because i cant access anything when this page appears. NOTHING is accessible.
Brett is there anything that can be done or am i more likely to have to bring it to someone at this stage?

Hi :)

Take it to a PRO... its a pig to get rid of, unless you want to format the drive....

Also get some BETTER AV .... Avast let it IN !!

All my machines run Norton Internet Security 2013... and i fix viruses every day...

All the best Brett :)