White Screen after launching any Steam Games

OwenNRX70

Honorable
Apr 8, 2012
Firstly I would like to say that this problem only started when I downloaded the latest drivers fr my GTX660. I played a few games after this and it worked however, the next day I tried to launch F1 2012 on steam and gotnas far as the menu's. The screen went white for about 15 seconds and then my PC restarted. Upon loading windows displayed an error saying the Geforce drivers stopped responding. So I uninstalled the drivers and all the Nvidia sctuffs.

Now after reinstalling a driver that worked for me a few weeks ago it didn't fox the problem and now it white screens and I can't turn the PC off by power button or through windows (Obviously) so I'm beggining to think that my GTX660 may be done for. I'm not sure though as temps are good and minecraft still works. Any ideas on what's up???

Solution
the new nvidia beta drivers are a bit buggy but you may want to try a fresh install of your drivers.

download and install driver fusion.
uninstall current driver and dont restart.
run driver fusion nvidia driver cleaner.
install newest driver as display driver only.

see if this helps at all.

also grab hwmonitor and post your desktop cpu and gpu temps and the temps with a working running game.
the new nvidia beta drivers are a bit buggy but you may want to try a fresh install of your drivers.

download and install driver fusion.
uninstall current driver and dont restart.
run driver fusion nvidia driver cleaner.
install newest driver as display driver only.

see if this helps at all.

also grab hwmonitor and post your desktop cpu and gpu temps and the temps with a working running game.

Solution

OwenNRX70

Honorable
Apr 8, 2012

I have already done a clean install of the Nvidia driver's and just used the display one then the f1 game crashed my PC and it locked up, also I will post my CPU and GPU temps running minecraft in a bit since that's the only game that I can launch at the moment