[SOLVED] White screen after Profile Login

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnionJack1989

Honorable
Nov 14, 2013
Hi all,

I have a customers MacBook Pro A1286 which is throwing up some problems that I am having trouble fixing.

Basically, the machine starts up no problem (flashing the Apple Logo) and presents the profile login screen. However after typing in the password a loading bar appears and proceeds to load about 60% of the bar before the display Whites Out, no sound can be heard in the back ground.

I have tried to boot into a bootable version of OS X Sierra (USB), I can see the USB and choose it as a bootable device. However much like the profile, it loads about 60% before it white screens.

I have reset the DRAM and replaced the cable which runs between the motherboard and the SATA drive (from my experience a frequent problem part with MacBooks).

Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this issue?

Thanks in advance,
Jack.

UnionJack1989

Honorable
Nov 14, 2013
After chatting with some professionals I found that it is a factory fault with the specific model of MacBook.

Supposedly the AMD graphics card was faulty from launch and can cause the issue stated above. The graphics card can be replaced to temporally resolve the issue, although due to the poor quality of the GPU no current fix is permanent.

As per usual, good job Apple!

Status
Not open for further replies.