[SOLVED] White screen, and now computer won't boot ?

Feb 24, 2021
I was in the middle of playing Valheim when all of a sudden my monitor went all white and then my PC shutdown. Attempts to power the PC back on only turned the fans on for a split second before stopping. I let it sit for a few hours before turning it back on only for it to turn the fans on but no display/boot. I tried a new PSU, but that didn't seem like the issue since it did the same thing. I don't know what caused this, but I suspect it might be the mobo.

Specs:
MOBO: Asus PRIME x570-P
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
GPU: AMD Radeon RX580
24GB RAM (Patriot 2x4) (Oloy 2x8)
650w Thermaltake PSU

Solution
Hello, from the symptoms I suspect the gpu could have died and now it is causing the system to not complete its post. One thing you could try is to reseat the gpu. If that does not work, try to find another known good gpu as the ryzen 5 3600 does not have onboard graphics and try to boot it.

Tfo052

Reputable
Dec 23, 2016
Hello, from the symptoms I suspect the gpu could have died and now it is causing the system to not complete its post. One thing you could try is to reseat the gpu. If that does not work, try to find another known good gpu as the ryzen 5 3600 does not have onboard graphics and try to boot it.

Reactions: Adiantum
Solution
Feb 24, 2021
Well, that seemed to be the problem. I tried to boot it with a friend's 1050ti and it went through to POST. I don't know how it broke, but now I have to scour the market to find a GPU while they're extremely marked up now. Thanks for the help