[SOLVED] White screen crash when running certain games?

Jun 23, 2021
Recently bought my first PC and got a prebuilt simply because I didn't want to go through the hassle of putting one together myself. I set it up and launched a game that isn't incredibly demanding and it ran fine. I tried running a much more graphically intense game and after about a minute of playing smoothly, the screen froze then went white and the audio would either cut out or loop until I powered off the PC.

I looked into it for a bit and found that it may be an overheating issue but I don't think that's the case because my temp never reached over 50 celsius.

Genuinely have no clue what's wrong here and would greatly appreciate some help. Also I'm pretty new to PC gaming so my apologies if I don't fully understand what you're talking about.

Link to the prebuilt I bought here

Solution
On a new system you just bought I would call Dell support and get them to repair or replace.

Generally speaking what you're running into sounds like a memory or PSU issue. You can try running Memtest64 to see if your system ram is generating errors. Either way Dell should make it right.

On a new system you just bought I would call Dell support and get them to repair or replace.

Generally speaking what you're running into sounds like a memory or PSU issue. You can try running Memtest64 to see if your system ram is generating errors. Either way Dell should make it right.

Solution