[SOLVED] White screen during Adobe Flash games

hondoman

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2014
Right then,

This has been happening for a few weeks now and am unable to resolve this.

For example, I'll go to Kongregate.com and play a game. I'll need to click on 'Run Adobe Flash' for the particular game. Seconds later, the screen will go completely white. The game is running as I can hear it in the background. I'll minimise the screen and then maximise it, see the game albeit briefly, and the screen will go white again. This will happen about 4-5 times before the game crashes. Any website that uses Adobe Flash for games. This is not strictly for Kongregate.

I updated my graphic drivers and it seemed to help - for a time. A few days. It is happening again. I also updated Adobe Flash. I have googled this and cannot find a solution.

Anyone have an idea or solution?

GeForce GT 730
Driver 442,59
AMD FX 6200 Six Core
8GB Ram
Windows 10 Pro
Shockwave Flash 32.0.0.344

Cheers!

Solution
Found the solution....

after a rather lengthy search and loads of experimenting... Although the BIOS did not need updating, basically reinstalled the BIOS. Did FA! Nothing.... however, the flashing stopped in MS Edge, but continued in Firefox. Tested it for a few days at different times of day.

There seems to be a compatibility issue between Firefox (currently v. 74,9) and Adobe Flash. Firefox claim it's a Windows 10 issue. Sorry Mozilla. Don't believe so. If that were the case, then Flash and Edge wouldn't work either.

Right click on the Firefox desktop icon and then to Properties. Then to Compatibility tab and 'tick' the Compatibility Mode box and drop down menu to select Windows 8. There will be an error message after...

hondoman

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2014
Found the solution....

after a rather lengthy search and loads of experimenting... Although the BIOS did not need updating, basically reinstalled the BIOS. Did FA! Nothing.... however, the flashing stopped in MS Edge, but continued in Firefox. Tested it for a few days at different times of day.

There seems to be a compatibility issue between Firefox (currently v. 74,9) and Adobe Flash. Firefox claim it's a Windows 10 issue. Sorry Mozilla. Don't believe so. If that were the case, then Flash and Edge wouldn't work either.

Right click on the Firefox desktop icon and then to Properties. Then to Compatibility tab and 'tick' the Compatibility Mode box and drop down menu to select Windows 8. There will be an error message after when one attempts open Firefox. Simply click the ok on the error message and bob's your uncle. It's only a one time error message.

No more white screen.

Solution