[SOLVED] white screen with rx 580

BardiaMGTGC

Prominent
Aug 5, 2019
i bought an rx 580 two weeks ago second hand
before that i had gtx 1050 and it was ok
i get white screens and problems with this gpu
i changed my psu as i though it was the problem but now i think it has driver issues
temps are ok 70-75 for gpu
65-75 for cpu
i tested forza horizon 4 and watch dogs 2 and while live streaming minecraft and gpu encoding it crashed
it crashes after like 15-20 minutes of ok gameplay and everything ok
what should i do
my specs
intel i5 7400
rx 580 4gb
h110 m-c/ps
8gb crucuial 2400 ddr4
2hdds 1 ssd
650 watt cooler master
oh and also the gpu was mining and i asked for temp rhat are on 75 for gpu and they said its ok and amd gpus are like this
i installed drivers two or three times
driver version 19.7.5

Solution
That's a pity. I would return that card asap.

Chances are if it a mining GPU it might also have a different bios than the standard card, It's worth running GPU-z to determine what bios is on the card and if it's the right one. Having the right bios could help with the issues.

Also, buying a mining card was not a great idea. I'm not trying to be mean, but it could have been run 24/7 which would massively reduce the lifespan of the card. GPU's can run hours of gaming and be absolutely fine, but running 24/7 will have an affect on the fans (lifespan) the thermal paste between the GPU and the cooler would degrade more quickly, among other issues. buying second hand is obviously cheaper, buying a second hand mining card is like a lottery...
That's a pity. I would return that card asap.

Chances are if it a mining GPU it might also have a different bios than the standard card, It's worth running GPU-z to determine what bios is on the card and if it's the right one. Having the right bios could help with the issues.

Also, buying a mining card was not a great idea. I'm not trying to be mean, but it could have been run 24/7 which would massively reduce the lifespan of the card. GPU's can run hours of gaming and be absolutely fine, but running 24/7 will have an affect on the fans (lifespan) the thermal paste between the GPU and the cooler would degrade more quickly, among other issues. buying second hand is obviously cheaper, buying a second hand mining card is like a lottery! You won't know what you get, and how long it will last.

Temps are fine, most GPU's operate at about 80c+ during heavy gaming. So your temps at 75c are not the issue. The issue is how hard the card was run, and what life you have left in it, which doesn't appear to be much, given you're already having issues.

edit: also, i wouldnt be trying to stream/game with your set up. Your system is not really well suited for that. At least not at decent settings. It's possible you are just putting the system as a whole under too much load, and that's why it crashes. Run a game by itself, and see if it crashes. Make sure nothing else is running in the back round.

Reactions: Metal Messiah.
Solution

BardiaMGTGC

Prominent
Aug 5, 2019
im going to be home in like ten mins
as i said i tested watch dogs 2 and forza horizon 4 no programs running background
in my country(iran) every part is so expensive and my pc is now i think like ten to twelve million toman so it was my only way
edit:it was on mining like two or three months as seller said(seller is one of my friends)

Last edited:
2 or 3 months of mining shouldn't be an issue. Especially if the temps were around 75C that whole time. The only measurable degradation for mining GPUs is the fan bearings.

That's great that the seller was your "friend". I'd recommend confronting them on the issue. I can't imagine this problem started with you. It may have been the reason they sold the card in the first place. Not a very good friend to sell stuff that's known to be broken. In any case, perhaps you can sweet talk them into showing it working back inside their own machine. That way you could rule out the GPU being faulty and look at other issues.

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead

BardiaMGTGC

Prominent
Aug 5, 2019
ok so my question is can i fix the card with bios and stuff because if i get the card back i wont have enough money to get an other card
edit:and my friend has migrated to canada

Last edited: