[SOLVED] White spots and discouloration on back of new motherboard ?

Jun 17, 2021
Hey everyone first time poster here,

So I have recently build my first PC and have had problems with a defective motherboard. Luckily I was able to get a replacement product but just as I
was almost finished building with the new board, I realised there were two white spots on the back of the motherboard. There also appears to be something like a little scratch between those two dots. Starting from the dots there is a white discoulouration that moves downwards on the mobo and gets wider. I don't think I scratched the motherboard when I placed it in the case.

I have started the PC once and everything seemed to be working properly on default settings.

Does anyone have a clue what this might be and if it will affect the motherboards performance?
I am thinking of returning this motherboard as well.

Here is a picture of my motherboard:

8HZQQ5j.jpg

Thanks in advance!

Solution
I messaged MSI support about it and the rep told me that a "circuit path might be affected" and for repair or refund I should contact the vendor. Because the product is still within return period I sent pictures to them and requested a return. Now they want to look at it to evaluate if the damage was caused due to my mishandling of the board or not.

I can't think of a way I could have caused this damage. Even if I would have touched or scratched the board at that spot would such a damage be possible? I was grounded at all times while working with the motherboard.
I would use the PC and if nothing was wrong with it I would leave the motherboard be.
I don't see a problem.
I see things like this all the time.
Jun 17, 2021
I messaged MSI support about it and the rep told me that a "circuit path might be affected" and for repair or refund I should contact the vendor. Because the product is still within return period I sent pictures to them and requested a return. Now they want to look at it to evaluate if the damage was caused due to my mishandling of the board or not.

I can't think of a way I could have caused this damage. Even if I would have touched or scratched the board at that spot would such a damage be possible? I was grounded at all times while working with the motherboard.

I would use the PC and if nothing was wrong with it I would leave the motherboard be.
I don't see a problem.
I see things like this all the time.

Reactions: worldspawn
Solution