Question White VGA led

Jun 8, 2020
Hi everybody, i build my new computer like 3-4 days ago. Had no problema till now.
Everything is working but on the mobo the white VGA led is on. How can i resolve? With that white led my monitor schould’t display or? But everything is working nice.
Mobo x570 rog e-gaming
Gpu Gigabyte Rtx 2080 super oc
16gb ram 3200
Cpu R9 3900x

So, your pc runs fine but has the VGA led illuminated?

Is the white light on the motherboard or the 2080? The gpu does have white power LED's that are on all the time too.

If the VGA led is illuminated on the motherboard, is there a Q-Code displayed as well. What Q-code is displayed now?

Jun 8, 2020
So, your pc runs fine but has the VGA led illuminated?

Is the white light on the motherboard or the 2080? The gpu does have white power LED's that are on all the time too.

If the VGA led is illuminated on the motherboard, is there a Q-Code displayed as well. What Q-code is displayed now?

the white light is on the motherboard, q-code is actually 40. How can i send a pic?

Is your BIOS up to date as well as the x570 chipset drivers?

I'm looking at the Appendix of the manual for your board and q-code 40 isn't even listed. Googled this too and it can be a nuisance fault from what some say, or re-seating the memory fixed it.

You have this error but the pc works fine?

Jun 8, 2020

I'm looking at the Appendix of the manual for your board and q-code 40 isn't even listed. Googled this too and it can be a nuisance fault from what some say, or re-seating the memory fixed it.

yes i have this error but everything works fine; ram fans and gpu, cpu and aio are working without problems. The 00x40 q-code means that the computer is waking up from a sleep state. (SS3 or SS4)

Jun 8, 2020

And about bios, i have the 04/2020 version, so i didnt make any update to the bios

I have kept mine up to date.

Weirdest issue since I've had my Asus TUF x570 was the new CoD Modern Warfare. Played it without any issues for a few months. That game gets updates all the time. Then one day at the end of a multiplayer match the game would crash. This happened almost constantly. I un-installed and re-installed the game and gpu drivers, made sure everything was up to date yada yada yada.

Updated the x570 chipset driver, and never had a game crash since in CoD MW.

Does that really make sense? It didn't to me. So you never know.

I'm running the latest chipset driver and no issues. It's worth a shot.

Reactions: Ale16a
Aug 15, 2020
Wait, so im having the same exact problem with the white LED VGA error, and I don't know what you guys mean by updating the chipset driver when you can't even boot the system. I am confused because I think this may be my same problem but I have no clue how to do so