Question White VGA-LED

Jun 22, 2021
Nothing out of ordinary, the pc was booting up as it always does but right when it was supposed to show my desktop, it showed some type of a grey-black screen and my empty bar, I thought it was just loading but a couple of seconds later it lost connection to the monitor, black screen, fans on full power, I have never in my almost a year since I got it, heard it in such a state. I waited for a while, to see if something will change but I started to get worried that something worse will happen so I chose to close it and start it again after a couple of minutes. Fans were back to working at their normal speed but there wasn't any signal going out to the monitor. I checked the output, I changed the HDMI, I even tried to connect it to different types of mintors or TVs, no signal. I would have also liked to check if the monitor has an issue but earlier this morning, apparently, my other laptop, broke down as well earlier today, suspiciously in a similar way, after a couple of seconds of being powered up, showing lights and everything, a grey screen appeared and it supposedly closed itself.
My graphics card is being powered, its leds are working, a GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER Gaming OC 6GB, but it doesn't output anything and obviously, the VGA-LED is white and is lit ( I checked the manual and it doesn't tell me much more other than the fact that the GPU, PCIE, M.2 device is not detected or fail).
I am not very experienced with computers and I'm scared to do anything that might harm it but I don't understand what happened. Is there any way I can fix it myself because I don't understand what happened out of nowhere, it just makes no sense.

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Include PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition? Heavy use for gaming, video editing, or even bit-mining?

= = = =

Power down, unplug, open the case.

Clean out dust and debris.

Verify by sight and feel that all connectors, cards, RAM, and jumpers are fully and firmly in place.

If you are not comfortable doing that on your own then find a knowledgeable family member or friend to help you.

Hopefully something has just come a bit loose (which happens over time...) and some housecleaning/maintenance may resolve the problem(s).