Question who can tell me whats wrong with my computer?

Mercron

Commendable
Jun 8, 2020
Specs: geForce 1650, intel core i5 9400F, SanDisk SSD G5 BICS4, 8GB DDR4, LG 24M45 monitor.
Windows 10 latest version as of 3/27/2022
Drivers all updated thoroughly.

The issue is as follows: big latency spikes, weird fullscreen behaviours and really really bad perfomance. I run Path of Exile idle in town on 10 fps, any maps are totally unplayable (this is a 900$ pc btw, cant even play on the lowest settings on a small window).
Some osu! songs on fullscreen cause my screen to go black for around 3 seconds, and then goes back to normal. Running osu! on fullscreen causes my cursor movement to become choppy, moving my mouse is very unresponsive and skips frames constantly. This does not happen on windowed mode for some reason.

League of Legends plays like if I had 400 ms of latency (yes, its that bad) even though my ping is around 30. Latencymon shows big spikes of latency in iaStorport and the nvidia drivers.

Sometimes my audio starts breaking when Im using FLStudio and it crashes very often.

All the above happened aswell on a AMD gpu and a ryzen CPU. I had all the same issues with a completely different computer that the one Im using now. Yes, the screen goes to black on the same songs, with completely different hardware. I changed the GPU, CPU, RAM, PSU, monitor, SSD,motherboard and even the cables and all the peripherals. Im at my wit's end with this computer, I have had problems as far back as 2017 and I tried literally everything, even using linux instead of windows 10 and nothing changed at all.

When it comes to software, I tried this so far:
Change the power plans around, run everything as admin, change the resolution scaling to the old win8 one, change the resolution scaling factor and the actual resolution, disabling game mode on windows, enable low latency mode, unistalling xbox DVR from windows, unplugging USB devices one by one, changing the priority on processes, used computer optimizers like malwarebytes, changed every registry entry that could be changed (I formatted my SSD after the fact, so my current registry is untouched just in case)
and of course made sure ALL my drivers are up to date and using the proper drivers for the device.

And yes, I already tried bringing the computer to a local computer repair shop, and all they did was format the pc and update the drivers. Nothing changed at all, and they charged me 30$ so might aswell look for answers online myself.

Any ideas of what to do now? I dont really think changing the internal parts will do anything at this point because I literally changed everything and the same issues persist...

Last edited by a moderator:

COLGeek

Cybernaut
You should always install memory in matched pairs, in the proper slots. Mixing memory can produce undesirable/sub-optimal results.

8GB is just too little memory for modern Windows use for anything other than basic web browsing and general use. Definitely not enough for gaming.

Also, how much free space do you have on your storage device(s)?

Mercron

Commendable
Jun 8, 2020
You should always install memory in matched pairs, in the proper slots. Mixing memory can produce undesirable/sub-optimal results.

8GB is just too little memory for modern Windows use for anything other than basic web browsing and general use. Definitely not enough for gaming.

I already tried with 16 and nothing changed sadly. What I did was take the 8gb of memory from my brother and use it on my computer.

Mercron

Commendable
Jun 8, 2020
Was the memory identical to yours (100% identical)? Did you install in the correct slot for dual-channel operation?
Yes, we bought the ram on the same place. I believe I did install it correctly as my pc showed 16 ram. I suppose I could buy another ram card and try with that again but I would be hesistant to keep spending money just to figure out if that is the issue.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
A system with too little physical memory uses virtual memory to meet demand. This will slow your system down significantly, at times.

Check your motherboard manual for the preferred slots to install memory in to, just recognizing as having 16GB may not be optimal if running in single channel mode.

jacob249358

Commendable
Sep 8, 2021
I would honestly just buy a 2x8gb ram kit because even if it doesn't solve the problem its going to give you much better performance once you get the PC fixed.
Have you reinstalled windows? You said you tried a bunch of different components, was this all at once or one by one? Is this a prebuilt? if so it probably is full of bloatware, especially an acer.

Mercron

Commendable
Jun 8, 2020
A system with too little physical memory uses virtual memory to meet demand. This will slow your system down significantly, at times.

Check your motherboard manual for the preferred slots to install memory in to, just recognizing as having 16GB may not be optimal if running in single channel mode.
This could be the issue actually. Maybe the hardware doesnt have enough memory to function properly?

Reactions: jacob249358

Mercron

Commendable
Jun 8, 2020
I would honestly just buy a 2x8gb ram kit because even if it doesn't solve the problem its going to give you much better performance once you get the PC fixed.
Have you reinstalled windows? You said you tried a bunch of different components, was this all at once or one by one? Is this a prebuilt? if so it probably is full of bloatware, especially an acer.
Yes, reinstalled from scratch from the microsoft website. Made sure there was 0 bloatware. The PC repair shop guy dude built it for me and I chose the parts.

Mercron

Commendable
Jun 8, 2020
One thing I forgot to mention is that some games crash after like 3 hours. This crash isnt like any other ordinary crash, they always happen like clockwork and I cant close the game, I need to unplug the computer or else it wont shut down, cant kill the process with anything.

Specs: geForce 1650, intel core i5 9400F, SanDisk SSD G5 BICS4, 8GB DDR4, LG 24M45 monitor.
Windows 10 latest version as of 3/27/2022
Drivers all updated thoroughly.

The issue is as follows: big latency spikes, weird fullscreen behaviours and really really bad perfomance. I run Path of Exile idle in town on 10 fps, any maps are totally unplayable (this is a 900$ pc btw, cant even play on the lowest settings on a small window).
Some osu! songs on fullscreen cause my screen to go black for around 3 seconds, and then goes back to normal. Running osu! on fullscreen causes my cursor movement to become choppy, moving my mouse is very unresponsive and skips frames constantly. This does not happen on windowed mode for some reason.

League of Legends plays like if I had 400 ms of latency (yes, its that bad) even though my ping is around 30. Latencymon shows big spikes of latency in iaStorport and the nvidia drivers.

Sometimes my audio starts breaking when Im using FLStudio and it crashes very often.

All the above happened aswell on a AMD gpu and a ryzen CPU. I had all the same issues with a completely different computer that the one Im using now. Yes, the screen goes to black on the same songs, with completely different hardware. I changed the GPU, CPU, RAM, PSU, monitor, SSD,motherboard and even the cables and all the peripherals. Im at my wit's end with this computer, I have had problems as far back as 2017 and I tried literally everything, even using linux instead of windows 10 and nothing changed at all.

When it comes to software, I tried this so far:
Change the power plans around, run everything as admin, change the resolution scaling to the old win8 one, change the resolution scaling factor and the actual resolution, disabling game mode on windows, enable low latency mode, unistalling xbox DVR from windows, unplugging USB devices one by one, changing the priority on processes, used computer optimizers like malwarebytes, changed every registry entry that could be changed (I formatted my SSD after the fact, so my current registry is untouched just in case)
and of course made sure ALL my drivers are up to date and using the proper drivers for the device.

And yes, I already tried bringing the computer to a local computer repair shop, and all they did was format the pc and update the drivers. Nothing changed at all, and they charged me 30$ so might aswell look for answers online myself.

Any ideas of what to do now? I dont really think changing the internal parts will do anything at this point because I literally changed everything and the same issues persist...
Just to take a peek.

Run this and post a LINK to the results page.
UBM

Also post the make and model of the psu.

Mercron

Commendable
Jun 8, 2020
Just to take a peek.

Run this and post a LINK to the results page.
UBM

Also post the make and model of the psu.
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51533480

Ill find the model of the psu tomorrow, but Ive already used 3 different psu and nothing changed

I feel like this PC should run a 10 year old game on lowest settings & resolution on higher than 1 frame/second, but I might be wrong :)

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51533480

Ill find the model of the psu tomorrow, but Ive already used 3 different psu and nothing changed

I feel like this PC should run a 10 year old game on lowest settings & resolution on higher than 1 frame/second, but I might be wrong :)
Can't tell if your running a beta bios the date is close.
Visit the mobo site and check.
While your there check the chipset and ME drivers.

It would be best to get a 2x8GB kit of ram for what you want to do.