Who comes up with Newegg's bundles?

naturesninja

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2013
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.1519888

Am I the only one seeing multiple issues with this bundle? haha 4X 7950's and a bunch of junk.
I think they need to rethink a lot of these combo deals on Newegg. I also see a lot of bottlenecked pre-builds on there for laughable pricing. Now I'm not trying to talk trash about Newegg at all as I have used them often and they tend to have great prices (or at least establish a baseline). But their combos rarely seem to be good deals or offer them with optimal parts. Expensive mobos with junk cpus, visa versa, always giving out 4gb of memory with high end combo's and things like that. Just weird I guess.

Solution
yeah, i agree with them, nothing wrong with combos. i'm an expert builder and i appreciated the combo deals they have. not everyone is into what you think they are. plus another note, it's nice to have combo deals so you don't have to pick out the parts yourself. that's why they call it a bundle deal.
I dont understand your problem with this combo, naturesninja. Who among us wouldn't grab a $40 CPU to power a $1800 gaming rig? And you definitely need that 1000 watt capstone to power that massive 45 watts cpu.

alienworkshop

Honorable
Dec 31, 2013
there's nothing wrong with bundles. i bought a e3300 celeron bundle with a mobo and i'm happy with my purchase, keeps the costs down. plus not everyone games and stuff, and wouldn't this world be boring without variety? that's just my two cents.

alienworkshop

Honorable
Dec 31, 2013
yeah, i agree with them, nothing wrong with combos. i'm an expert builder and i appreciated the combo deals they have. not everyone is into what you think they are. plus another note, it's nice to have combo deals so you don't have to pick out the parts yourself. that's why they call it a bundle deal.

Solution

naturesninja

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2013
Single core even. Does it come with a copy of windows ME too? I guess to be honest, I have seen some good 2 component combo's on there... They really need a build your own combo or something... But like clutch said, getting rid of overstock I would assume. It's still a pretty funny build and I haven't gotten into 4 gpu setups yet, but I imagine that one must be the ultimate!

naturesninja

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2013
The combo doesn't make any sense. Not the fact that they have combo's. Combo's are great but like Falcon said, it's a $40 cpu , $70ish mobo doesn't have enough pci-e slots let alone run the gpu's at anything above 4x, a PSU that can't likely handle everything possibly due to wattage, but definitely due to brand haha, and 4gb ram. oh also there's 4 near top tier gpu's in it.

naturesninja

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2013

Did you actually look at the combo, expert builder? This thread started out as a joke, but that was really funny! thanks.

I joked earlier about the quad crossfire. But I just noticed that it ALREADY came with 4 video cards. How did I miss that the first time? Its quad crossfire already. Well, if the board supported 4 cards it would be. And I thought it was funny the first time.

Somebody at newegg has a sense of humor. Thats just too good to be an accident. I don't care how many extra semprons they have in stock.

It doesn't have to run it. Why not throw it in anyways. Compatibility didnt stop them from including a 4 card on a 2 card board. Guess we should be happy they at least got the sockets right.

alienworkshop

Honorable
Dec 31, 2013
@ninja

want to see something funny? after one new system build after all these years i refuse to buy anything new. i suppose you have a i3, i5, i7, or something like the such in your system right? they did price cuts so just let them be funny if they want, if people are that stupid to pick out something like that, let it be. besides nitpicking is not something people normally do. and yes i'm a expert builder but i chose a legit combo. so what they make mistakes, just let it be. also, they are shoving laptop cpu's down people's throats, way too many people have bought these "new" cpu's and i'm laughing because that's more of an issue then just mistakes they don't probably know about.

want to see a mistake? making the centrino cpu the highlight of the "i" cpu series. netburst was the best one so far, but due to manufacturing costs, they decided to get rid of it and produce these fallacy chips. and you really can't say they couldn't keep the tdp down cause that's not true. i mean seriously, look at all the builds that are happening, makes me laugh. i seen a guy return his quad core to use a prescott dual xeon system, now that's a good choice.

so, i see all these laptops with like high amounts of ram that people don't need and where's the humor in that? you decided to skip it? i'm saying there's nothing wrong with combos and it even got me a nice discount on parts. so what if they make a mistake, once again, people are not perfect.

early benchmarks showed that less memory was way more then adequate for a gaming and such system. where's the humor in that? then they go implementing a laptop idea? that's not very smart.

and lastly the humor is that if the i3, i5 i7 is a joke anyways, why not just stick in 8 videos cards for a combo with only two slots for video and leave expert building to the rest. so what your saying isn't really credible. again, people make mistakes and i wouldn't hold that against them. cause a pro knows what to get anyways. and although it's funny, and i agree it's somewhat humorous, you had the wrong idea anyways.

and if your asking why i bought such a cheap setup. it was because i had a budget and it was really cheap with a discount, so i thought it was a nice deal, and it really was, it was discounted really well. i found an exception. also i refuse to buy anything new after what i just said. the i3, i5, i7 computer chips are bogus.

so i mean what's more ridiculous? a mistake they made cause they don't know what they are doing? or to be humorous? or all these people that made mistakes by buying a laptop cpu. think about it. this is why i'm typing on a obsolete system, but that's fine, that's my "boycott" mission. so i don't really see the full humor in what your saying ninja.

although i find what you said funny and i get what you are saying. BUT, i see a bigger humor in my opinion which is greater then yours. fine humor so to speak in production flaws. that netburst was skipped due to manufacturing costs. were suppose to have blistering 10 ghz cpu's which they skipped because they didn't want to spend money to implement this idea. so i don't know what's so funny in the end with these combo deals. yes they actually did that to us.

alienworkshop

Honorable
Dec 31, 2013
i forgot to add something about the memory thing i said, they didn't have to scale memory to the point it would be this big, basically only servers and cad, and video editors need this for large file usage basically and other reasons. they really didn't... it cost less to manufacture memory so they built on it. which was stupid. where's the offset for ghz? they had cheap chinese pockets and decided to go for memory production, that's what i'm seeing for memory and the cpu's. i mean seirously look at this dude. they suck a civic engine in a ferrari basically. that's the term i'm using. now that's fuucking funny. a laptop cpu in a desktop. now it's utilized for a laptop not a desktop power system. and it was suppose to scale, but like i said, due to their chinese pockets, they decided that the large cache on pentium m was cheaper to produse. kind of like sticking the civic engin in a ferrari, cost cheaper right? that's the idea dude. that's all i had to say about that.

alienworkshop

Honorable
Dec 31, 2013
so, as you can see, yes i am a expert builder. and i'm not downing you, i'm saying you got the wrong idea. who cares if they are doing funny combos. it's really not funny compared to what i just said. now, watching people with civic engines in a ferrari club is freaking hilarious dude. there's just way too many people that bought into that.

alienworkshop

Honorable
Dec 31, 2013
@ninja
so, i didn't click on the link until after, so funny right? that's what's so funny? i forgot to click on the link? come on now, your funnier then that... besides, don't dog on combos, some of them are okay. so what you nitpicked one. big deal, you know?

naturesninja

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2013
um, ok... Nothing you have stated is of any relevance whatsoever. You've turned this into a what you or he or she would do in a build, and the entire point from the beginning was that the specific build that a company is selling to the public makes absolutely no sense. Perhaps you should start a new thread with your concerns... I glad you were able to humble me with your greater opinion though. Now I can finely move on in life.

alienworkshop

Honorable
Dec 31, 2013
hey np, i did that a lot of people here. btw, it was of relevance what i said because it's just maybe an error, like i said, so you nitpicked one, so what right? again, i'm not here to down people but some people get on my nerves. not you cause you admitted to being humbled but that's besides the point.