Question Who do I call

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
May 23, 2019
I give up. My first build stopped after 5 months fans run seems like its running just black screen
Ryzen 5 2600X
Asrock B450M-HDV
MSI GeForce GTX 1050 2gb
G. Skill 16GB 2x8 ddr4 3200
corsair psu

I have swapped psu moved the Ram around in the two slots hooked up different hard drive
it has a m.2 ssd I have removed it and same thing
I dont have the stuff to swap parts around. Who do I go to or who can I send it to.
I am going to bench test but im sure something faild as it was running for months.
Thanks

4745454b

Titan
That's the older junkier one. Nearly everyone is going to tell you it's garbage. But I've never seen one die during testing like real garbage PSUs. In a hope of quieting these people down, here is a review from Toms.

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/power-supply-review-80-plus-bronze,3587-5.html

Corsair’s budget-oriented PSU passes our lab tests with nary a hitch. When we check the efficiency, we find that the CX500 not only complies with 80 PLUS' Bronze spec, but has some leeway at medium and full load. Even operating at a low load, it is quite efficient (80% at 50 W, for instance). Measuring ripple and noise, the PSU not only complies with the ATX spec, but surprises us by keeping those brief spikes inside the specification

I'm sorry, but garbage PSUs don't output 100% of their rated capacity. Yes, this isn't a great PSU. But here's the thing. You have a 95W CPU, and a no extra power needed (probably) 75W GPU. Flat out gaming with this system should only need ~200W or so. No way it pulls 250W or more. That's 50% of the output for that PSU. As long as you didn't let the PSU get very warm, it shouldn't be the cause of the issue. Anything can die however so it could be a PSU issue. What was the other PSU that was used to test? Can you test your CX500 in another unit to see if it works?