Vana Ivan Pandovski

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2014
Hi, at the moment I have AIO and I use Liquid Cooler - Maelstrom 120T Gamer Storm on Ryzen 5 3600 overclocked @ 4.2GHz, while I am gaming I have temps from 60-70c in between.
On stress tests as Prime95 or AIDA64, I have very big temps as 80c+ even spikes to 86c and I believe that this cooling is bad, and heats up the VRMs on my MB - ASRock B450M-PRO4.

So I have a choice to get a new cooler but only from these 2 coolers, one is air cooler the other is 240mm AIO.

1. So Air Cooler option is Cooler Master - MasterAir MA620P link: https://www.coolermaster.com/catalog/coolers/cpu-air-coolers/masterair-ma620p/
  2. Here the AIO is Cooler Master - MasterLiquid ML240L link: https://www.coolermaster.com/catalog/coolers/cpu-liquid-coolers/masterliquid-ml240l-rgb/

So in my country, the Air cooler is 50€ and the AiO LiquidColer is only 65€, so generally I am not into the price I am into the cooling performance, I don't mind to give the extra 15€
to get the AIO if it's needed if it performs better! I just need to know which one from these two will give me lower temps.
If I didn't specify any more details please correct me! Thank you!

Solution
So what is your opinion of these 2, which will cool better, which gives better temps, that's what I want to know tho? Who is better cooler from these two?
Both are more than good enough for what you want temperature wise. Just choose what fits you better. although your temps see to be fine.
Btw. check the width of your case to see if that air cooler would fit.
Hi, at the moment I have AIO and I use Liquid Cooler - Maelstrom 120T Gamer Storm on Ryzen 5 3600 overclocked @ 4.2GHz, while I am gaming I have temps from 60-70c in between.
On stress tests as Prime95 or AIDA64, I have very big temps as 80c+ even spikes to 86c and I believe that this cooling is bad, and heats up the VRMs on my MB - ASRock B450M-PRO4.

So I have a choice to get a new cooler but only from these 2 coolers, one is air cooler the other is 240mm AIO.

1. So Air Cooler option is Cooler Master - MasterAir MA620P link: https://www.coolermaster.com/catalog/coolers/cpu-air-coolers/masterair-ma620p/
  2. Here the AIO is Cooler Master - MasterLiquid ML240L link: https://www.coolermaster.com/catalog/coolers/cpu-liquid-coolers/masterliquid-ml240l-rgb/
So in my country, the Air cooler is 50€ and the AiO LiquidColer is only 65€, so generally I am not into the price I am into the cooling performance, I don't mind to give the extra 15€
to get the AIO if it's needed if it performs better! I just need to know which one from these two will give me lower temps.
If I didn't specify any more details please correct me! Thank you!
Either would do itt just depends if you want water or air cooler, both have good and bad sides. Generally 120mm single radiator water coolers are no better than air coolers of same size.
Large air coolers are heavy and may cover memory and make a lot of pressure on the MB, also not advisable to move case much without taking it off (extreme case). no such problem with water cooler as heaviest part is attached to the case.

Last edited:

Vana Ivan Pandovski

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2014
Either would do itt just depends if you want water or air cooler, both have good and bad sides. Generally 120mm single radiator water coolers are no better than air coolers of same size.
Large air coolers are heavy and may cover memory and make a lot of pressure on the MB, also not advisable to move case much without taking it off (extreme case). no such problem with water cooler as heaviest part is attached to the case.
So what is your opinion of these 2, which will cool better, which gives better temps, that's what I want to know tho? Who is better cooler from these two?

Both are more than good enough for what you want temperature wise. Just choose what fits you better. although your temps see to be fine.
Btw. check the width of your case to see if that air cooler would fit.

Reactions: Vana Ivan Pandovski
Solution