[SOLVED] Who is Better PSU

Dec 4, 2020
Hi guys iam about to buy a new PSU and iam confused between Corsair TX 650M and Asus Rog Strix650
Which of them is better ?
CPU: R5 3600
MB: x570 Asus
Ram: 16
GPU :Msi GTX 1070ti

Nov 30, 2020
Since you're going with a 1070Ti, I would rather advise you to pick the ASUS unit, since the Corsair TXM doesn't have a passive mode and is rather noisy, while the ROG Strix does have a passive mode and is pretty quiet.
Might have issues with it if you upgrade to Ampere, though.

Dec 4, 2020
so confused now guys, but lets say iam gonna stick with my gtx 1070 for a while till the RTX 3060 ti become available , am i gonna have any issue's with the TX when i upgrade ?

Nov 30, 2020
Ampere has proven to draw more power than advertised, which makes a number of PSUs fail when they shouldn't, and we still don't know why exactly. To give you an example, the 3080 will cause the TX850M and AX850 Titanium to fail, while the RM850 and HX850 won't. And that's with 100w more than what nVidia recommends...

Conclusion : even nVidia doesn't really know what to recommend, all we can do is try and give you the best option. IMO, both units are good, time will tell us if they're good enough to handle 3060Tis.

Reactions: jemmy j
Ampere has proven to draw more power than advertised, which makes a number of PSUs fail when they shouldn't, and we still don't know why exactly. To give you an example, the 3080 will cause the TX850M and AX850 Titanium to fail, while the RM850 and HX850 won't. And that's with 100w more than what nVidia recommends...

Conclusion : even nVidia doesn't really know what to recommend, all we can do is try and give you the best option. IMO, both units are good, time will tell us if they're good enough to handle 3060Tis.
From what I read the issues are not extra power requirements but with the transient response capabilities of the PSU and Ampere needing the PSU to hold up well. Not something I know much about but did a little reading as I am running a 3080. My Gigabyte 3080 Gaming OC is running on a Seasonic 650w Prime Ultra Platinum and it has worked perfectly and been running since a few days after launch. Total system load at the wall under stress testing has peaked at 546w. NVidia's 750w PSU rating was also based on using a 10900k, an exceptionally power hungry cpu.