[SOLVED] Who is Ian? Why is he in my computer and WiFi?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc H

Reputable
Nov 1, 2014
Hello all,

In desperate search of a solution, or even just an explanation of what's going on, and why or why not a solution is needed. This is a shorter version of my original post.

TL;DR : Network stability issues, high CPU & RAM usage prompted some investigating. Found Resource monitor, noticed what I call "issues" shown in photo below. Looking for explanations and/or solutions to keep unauthorized users out of my network and WiFi.
0qHPpDp.jpg

SYSTEM INFO POSTED AS IMAGE BELOW
Facts/Background: Win10 Pro, preowned laptop, although I've made my own user account "D***", and deleted the previous owner's from Control Panel>Users, his name still shows up on Task Manager, Resource Monitor, his folder is still there, and a few other places. Here is my system info. If you need anything else from me to assist your efforts, let me know.

I9aylrj.png

I found this image of Ian on a stock vector graphics site so I figured I'd share so you're all aware if you spot him in or around your own computers.
hacker-icon.png

Solution
preowned laptop

Full wipe and reinstall. No other option.
This goes for any previously owned system, no matter what the previous owner said he did or did not do.

Full wipe and reinstall, of everything.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS