Who is OEM for this one?

Jul 21, 2018
Who knows who is OEM company who makes Chieftec Proton series PSUs?

Just interested in buying one, and want to know who is OEM. I wouldn't mind threads or links.

USAFRet

Titan

If someone gave me one of those for free, I'd have to think hard about using it for a doorstop.
Because it would probably fail at that.

Jul 21, 2018

i've read that thread.

1st i dont, or to be exact cant afford any better solution way too op over here or maybe im just too picky or greedy or broke or all of them. 2nd I've read that OEM for Chieftec's series werent that bad, but those were old thread, but I would assume that oems did not get worse, atleast I hope so. and with that I though of getting chieftec psu.

The power supply is kind of one of those baseline things - it's sort of like picking luxuries over food. If you don't have the money for a good power supply, you really should be reconsidering your project overall - plus, a bad power supply is often more expensive than a good one, because it's more than happy to take your whole system down with it.

Jul 21, 2018
After digging through google, I couldnt find reviews for models im interested in 600 and 650 watts. so im kinda scared to buy a psu with unknown to me OEM company. Looks like I will have to dwell more and deeper, in hope of finding a good psu.

EDIT: Im just going to count some models and prices, tell me which or all of them are good.
PSU NZXT HALE82 V2 NP-1BM-0700A-EU (ATX 700W Modular)-105$
PSU Seasonic S12II-430 (ATX 430W Bronze 80 Plus)- 81$

everything else was expensive like 150$+
there was also a gigabyte psu but idk if gigabyte has good psus :\

EDIT another one:im going for a ryzen 3 1200 or 1200x with a gtx 1060 3gb system. just saying.