Who Is The Best Actor in Cinema?

Sep 7, 2024
In my opinion, Al Pacino is the best actor in cinema.
I think his best performances are in the movies Devil's Advocate and Scent of a Woman.
I almost forgot his performance in Scarface

kanewolf

Titan
In my opinion, Al Pacino is the best actor in cinema.
I think his best performances are in the movies Devil's Advocate and Scent of a Woman.
I almost forgot his performance in Scarface
Since movies have existed for SO long, that is a difficult question.
Buster Keaton might be a candidate because of the amazing stunts he performed.
John Wayne would be on many people's lists.
Katherine Hepburn has the most oscars so this page might be a way to judge -- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_actors_with_two_or_more_Academy_Awards_in_acting_categories

Reactions: MichelangeloO
Sep 7, 2024
Since movies have existed for SO long, that is a difficult question.
Buster Keaton might be a candidate because of the amazing stunts he performed.
John Wayne would be on many people's lists.
Katherine Hepburn has the most oscars so this page might be a way to judge -- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_actors_with_two_or_more_Academy_Awards_in_acting_categories
This is a question without an answer. No two people judge acting in exactly the same way.
Yes that's true, actually I asked the question more like "according to yourself".
My bad.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
A discussion like this can be even that much more difficult when you try to discern the skill and range of the actor, and not just who playing in movies you like. A truly skilled actor can play, can be anything, anybody. For instance, you take someone like Keanu Reeves. Great guy by all accounts, decent human being, 'good' actor, but he has the depth of a playing card. Everything he does is hauntingly similar. It is him playing 'his' part. Sam Elliot, same sort of thing and he even uses his name in parts.

Leonardo Decaprio has played a lot of different characters, quite varied, but even still with him I think there is a lack of depth so far as to say he was the best actor of our time or anything. It isn't something I have put a lot of thought into aside from reading the post, but very quickly off the top of my head I would probably say Tom Hanks is among a group of the higher end of not only skill, but depth in their field. Forest Whittaker has also played a lot of different types of characters and does a great job being those different people. The best two in the whole of acting, probably not, but those are the pics in about three minutes of though on it.

Reactions: MichelangeloO