Who is willing to tell me

possible current anomalies of the Tribes, that means what work although it should not and what doesn't work although it should.

Thanks in advance.

GFM GToeroe

Sparrow

Additions to the comments from Lordfire:
- Wreckage pods seem to land on the base you built last, not the ones
closest.
- Don't try to destroy bases with BlasterCannon Inamoratas. Currently
the VCR ends before those ships fire. I tried with 12 on a undefended
and unshielded base for 3 turns until I gave up.

Regarding the chunneling to a Junk:
I haven't ever tried this, but one should remember that the chunneling
device is not already built in but added later! This seems to happen
after chunneling, probably at the end of the turn.

Gabor Törö schrieb:
> possible current anomalies of the Tribes, that means what work although it should not and what doesn't work although it should.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> GFM GToeroe

Do you mean the Scavs with Tribes ?
If yes, I think they don't need a change and can not remember anomalies.

It was easy to win with them an VP (2500 VPs needed) based game. For the
settings you can look at the game at rcworld Unknown Mights 4.
Allied with a Pirat around turn 10 (devices) and the UEA (other devices)
around turn 20. Our main target become after some time the neighbour
alliance of a Pirat, Peep, Rebel. Peeps homecluster nearly under our
control and the Pirat and Rebel where hard under pressure, lost both
some Bases. The last few turns I and the Pirat start through WHs an
attack against the no. 2 in VPs a Solorian and destroy enough Bases that
my Pirat ally get the second place.
But it was to easy, think the enemies (or most of them) had not much
expierence, don't know how to play their race or are focused on other
targets.

Bye-Bye JoSch.

- The Masquerade ships are wasy to identify if you care.
- Wreckages sometimes land at your planets and sometimes they disappear.
AFAIK they should always be yours when in destroyed in range of one of bases
/ ships.
- The Warp bubble actually works before movemeent (even before chunnel).
That's not mentioned in the device help.
- I heard that it is impossible to chunnel to a location where a junk class
is built this turn (in contrast to borgs). Haven't tested it yet.
- Prepare to use a lot of pods to move around engines. There's no easy way
so far to move many types of engines.

Lordfire

Lordfire schrieb:
> - The Masquerade ships are wasy to identify if you care.

Agree, so I don't use it and except that the others can know what it is.
But with it you can see how high the ID numbers are at the end of the
previous turn and if you remember the old ID know how many objects come
new in the game. Only works before the IDs reaches the 20K border.

> - Wreckages sometimes land at your planets and sometimes they disappear.

Not seen this, but they not land on the nearest Base. Maybe overseen
from you ? Or you don't get wreckage destroyed by minefield hits (not
sure about exploding minefields) and by GD explosions.

> AFAIK they should always be yours when in destroyed in range of one of bases
> / ships.

See above.

> - The Warp bubble actually works before movemeent (even before chunnel).
> That's not mentioned in the device help.

That's known I think and was one reason that it was changed that it only
works on ships with a speed of 50 and above. Not sure what count here,
the Engine speed or the hull speed. Should be described somewhere.

> - I heard that it is impossible to chunnel to a location where a junk class
> is built this turn (in contrast to borgs). Haven't tested it yet.

That's correct. The chunnel device must first be enabled which happens
at the end of the turn. You can say the Scavs must build in the device
by handwork and they can not adapt their ship yards.

> - Prepare to use a lot of pods to move around engines. There's no easy way
> so far to move many types of engines.

Agree, but then I wait until I get more Engines or if I need some
quickly I sent only Transwarps, FTL 5 and Thylium's.
The same you can say about the from Ghips free build engines and it's
hit nearly all races. So a global solution should be found.

Bye-Bye JoSch.

>> - The Masquerade ships are wasy to identify if you care.
>
> Agree, so I don't use it and except that the others can know what it is.
> But with it you can see how high the ID numbers are at the end of the
> previous turn and if you remember the old ID know how many objects come
> new in the game. Only works before the IDs reaches the 20K border.

Nice tool - agreed.
But it is a bug!

>> - Wreckages sometimes land at your planets and sometimes they disappear.
>
> Not seen this, but they not land on the nearest Base. Maybe overseen from
> you ? Or you don't get wreckage destroyed by minefield hits (not sure
> about exploding minefields) and by GD explosions.

Nope - Actually I just found the slayer I destryoed last turn. It is 4000LY
away. There are no bases, no ships and I only scanned it with help of send
contatcs.

>> AFAIK they should always be yours when in destroyed in range of one of
>> bases / ships.
>
> See above.
>
>> - The Warp bubble actually works before movemeent (even before chunnel).
> > That's not mentioned in the device help.
>
> That's known I think and was one reason that it was changed that it only
> works on ships with a speed of 50 and above. Not sure what count here, the
> Engine speed or the hull speed. Should be described somewhere.

It's hull speed.
Maybe it is known - but it is not written anywhere....

>> - I heard that it is impossible to chunnel to a location where a junk
>> class is built this turn (in contrast to borgs). Haven't tested it yet.
>
> That's correct. The chunnel device must first be enabled which happens at
> the end of the turn. You can say the Scavs must build in the device by
> handwork and they can not adapt their ship yards.
>
>> - Prepare to use a lot of pods to move around engines. There's no easy
>> way so far to move many types of engines.
>
> Agree, but then I wait until I get more Engines or if I need some quickly
> I sent only Transwarps, FTL 5 and Thylium's.
> The same you can say about the from Ghips free build engines and it's hit
> nearly all races. So a global solution should be found.

I agree. A global solution should be found.,..
However, it hits Scavenger especially hard as they will seldom use engine
tech>10 and thus only have turbo thruster if they don't use ghip engines.
Thus Scavengers really have to optimise their ghip engine prodution, while
other races can do it, but it is not as important for them.

Lordfire

Lordfire schrieb:
>>>- Wreckages sometimes land at your planets and sometimes they
disappear.

>>Not seen this, but they not land on the nearest Base. Maybe overseen from
>>you ? Or you don't get wreckage destroyed by minefield hits (not sure
>>about exploding minefields) and by GD explosions.
>

> Nope - Actually I just found the slayer I destryoed last turn. It is 4000LY
> away. There are no bases, no ships and I only scanned it with help of send
> contatcs.

Have seen something like this too, that Pods stay in space far far away
from any ship or Base from me and I had never something in that area was
with all stuff over 500 LYs away.
And it seems to me, that the Pod work as target for more wreckage Pods
cause some time later I had 5 or 6 wreckage Pods there.
But as I not sure about the wreckage gathering I have not reported it as
bug.

Bye-Bye JoSch.