Who is your idol in your life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am my own god ... but the following people I consider exemplary, and worthy of a brief mention:

Charles Darwin;
Karl Marx;
Martin Luther King;
Albert Einstein;
Isaac Newton;
Leonardo Da Vinci;
Thomas Edison;
Friedrich Nietzsche;
Sigmund Freud;
Immanuel Kant;
Voltaire;
Socrates, Plato & Aristotle;
Nicolaus Copernicus;
Rene Descartes;
Nikola Tesla;
Carl Jung;
Hippocrates;
Confucius;
Nelson Mandela;
Louis Pasteur;
Bill Gates;
Steve Jobs;
Gutenberg;
Shakespeare;
Columbus;
Galileo;
Pasteur;
Locke;
Michaelangelo;
James Watt;
Dante;
Wright Brothers;
William Bell;
Marie Curie;
Marco Polo;
Picasso;
Simon Bolivar;
Enrico Fermi;
Thomas Hobbes;
Niels Bohr;
Oppenheimer;
Marconi;
Mozart;
Hegel;
Spinoza;
Adler;
Gorbachev;
M Gandi;
Lincoln, Roosevelt & Washington;
Tolstoy;
14th Dali Lama;
Mother Theresa;
John Lenin;

Can't think or any more off the top of my head ... or on lists that I agree with on the interwibble.

Ezo Legendz

Reputable
Feb 13, 2015
Are you guys serious about Steve Jobs ? He did not invent anything he did not innovate anything he took advantage of people and of what others created

musical marv

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
The man was an innovator and a pure genius to boot.I guess you are jealous that you could never reach his plateau in life.

Ezo Legendz

Reputable
Feb 13, 2015

What exactly did he do ? What did he invent ? He overpriced everything , he underpaid his workers.

Simple:

Every boy/girl/man/woman that has the stones to put on the uniform, raise their right hand, and swear to protect us from all enemies (foreign and domestic). Been there, done that, and salute all those before and after me.

MacGyver
MCGUYVER-MULTITOOL_o_118007.jpg

In my line of work i live by his teachings. (i fix printers)

i had another mcgyver moment today. Trying to repair an av receiver, had to discharge a couple 63v capacitors still loaded with 50v after power off. Didn't exactly have the proper equipment... so i stuck 2 cables into an apple, measured out about 7kohms, put the other ends of wires on the capacitor and it discharged to a few volts over a couple minutes :D

Best bet is a couple of large emitter resisters from an old audio amp. Dropping the full load across a short is not good for the capacitor ... it is meant to discharge into a load ... your alternative is acceptable. :)

yes i didnt have any resistors......not something i normally do, repair audio equipment.

i didn't have either in the fruit bowl, only bananas and apples. and this apple was going bad so why not put it to good use. And i didnt want to ruin a banana, i like bananas.

BiggerBluer

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2015
My idols are:
1) My dad

2) Most of my college professors (I like talking to my professors to learn about more than just core education so in a way they teach me about life)

Status
Not open for further replies.