• I have them turned off in options

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • I use a mobile and they don't show.

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters

Colif

Win 11 Master
Just curious how many people actually see them

Mods have been putting one under their names to inform people about how to mark questions as solved,

but there is no real point us doing it if no one reads them.

iMatty

Reputable
Mar 14, 2019
Well it mostly interest me to see people's signatures, to be specific whenever i see a build in it, i get curious to see them.
And to be honest, yeah not a lot of people mark the best answer they found that solved their issue anymore, but mostly i keep looking at them and whenever i find a solution to mine i would select that answer.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Don't mind sigs, I like reading pc specs and the wise military style advice lol makes me laugh.

My sig from the old site became like 10 lines deep after the recent change haha, edited it not to annoy, it took almost half the screen...

Reactions: King_V
I used to have my specs visible underneath the icon, but that was removed in the makeover, so I never bothered to rewrite them.
I find specs useful from the OP, not so much from the helpers. And a helper can easily write "I have the same specs", if needed, and it is shorter.
As for reading signatures. I do that at times, but usually find them making the forum cluttered.

Reactions: TJ Hooker
I would prefer not to have a long one at all but feel need to highlight some things. Less space used by sig = more posts on page...
I guess I'm guilty of that....
tbh, i wish more people would put details of their PC in there so my 1st question in threads isn't: what are specs of PC?
....and I should probably put a link to my current config in my sig, I suppose.

I like reading peoples specs. It tells a lot about what kind of a person is giving advice and what are their likely preferences.
I do think there needs to be a more strict limit on what you can put in your signature and how big it can be.
I've seen some sigs with multiple gifs/pictures and text in different colors and fonts mixed all together in a massive essay that takes your whole screen and gives you a headache.
I definitely think there should be a limit to that.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Where's the option in poll:"every time"? Since without that, i can't cast my vote.

Signatures and the content in them doesn't bother me. I find it interesting to see what people have put in their sig. E.g i have my 3x rigs and links to their specs pages with pics in there. Though, in the topic and when needed, i point out that access point in my sig.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Where's the option in poll:"every time"? Since without that, i can't cast my vote.

Signatures and the content in them doesn't bother me. I find it interesting to see what people have put in their sig. E.g i have my 3x rigs and links to their specs pages with pics in there. Though, in the topic and when needed, i point out that access point in my sig.

Given only 8 people voted, I am pretty sure I can remember your comment as well :)

Colif

Win 11 Master
sparklers would be cool, though I don't think i can buy them here... pretty sad, a completely inoffensive firework is still illegal here.

Discord advert should have a turkey or two, it would lead to questions even those on disocrd may not want to answer :)

it wasn'tt really about my sig but more if people read any of them since most mods had one about how to mark questions as solved and it seemed most people never read them.

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
Well, this thread has sort of made me decide to change my sig from the one liner it was (the first line of what it now is), to the detailed specs. Maybe a bit of clutter, but, at least people will know what parts I have experience with.

EDIT: and, of course, now my sig is probably taking an unreasonable amount of vertical space

Last edited:

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Well, this thread has sort of made me decide to change my sig from the one liner it was (the first line of what it now is), to the detailed specs. Maybe a bit of clutter, but, at least people will know what parts I have experience with.

EDIT: and, of course, now my sig is probably taking an unreasonable amount of vertical space
Just use pcpp / builds.gg page of your PC build and put it there between url tags, like i have it. Clean and simple with minimal space required.