Who said LiteOn sucks?

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
I've seen some people call call LiteOn "cheap", as in bad quality. I've just bought a 40X/12X/48X Liteon and its a beauty! It's incredibly fast and incredibly quiet! It doesn't look "cheap" at all to me.

All I can say is LITEON ROCKS!! :smile:

:wink: <b><i>"A penny saved is a penny earned!"</i></b> :wink:

lagger

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2001
congrats .. I'm a very satisfied lite-on user ..

lagger

<b><font color=blue>Checking under my North<font color=red> AND</font color=red> South bridges for <font color=green>Trolls</font color=green></font color=blue>

Clarentavious

Distinguished
May 24, 2002
A tech I know at a local computer store says they try to stay away from Lite On (the only reason they had a box in the store is because a customer did a special order). That's what he said.

I have no experience with them, so I can say nothing other than what he said (he's very knowledgeable, and the place is a family owned type store, not a big chain like Comp USA).

lagger

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2001
well everyone is entitled to an opinion.. lite -on used to be and still is, a very big oem co. in addition to supplying drives for large manufacturers they also sell to co's that rebadge the drives ( cen-dyne for instance and Buss-link among others) I have a yamaha and a lite-on and the lite on works very well. should the quality of the drives decline I am not a person wedded to a brand and I will move on if that is the case.

lagger

<b><font color=blue>Checking under my North<font color=red> AND</font color=red> South bridges for <font color=green>Trolls</font color=green></font color=blue>

ejsmith2

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001
Yeah, I slapped a Liteon 24x burner in my friends comp. It roxx hard. Excellent read speeds, no real spin up/down problems. Hammers out cd's at full speed without touching the "smart-burn" (ATA33).

Liteon, for the price you pay, is excellent. The newest versions rival Yamaha and Plextor...

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
I have some old 12X CD-Rs. To my surprise, I can burn at up to 32X on my old CDs without errors! Hmm, I'm still not using the full capacity of the drive though! :frown:

:wink: <b><i>"A penny saved is a penny earned!"</i></b> :wink:

Kennyshin

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2001
I used to have two LITE-ON CD writers. They were very good though not as good as Plextor and Yamaha.

Mitsumi was the best for me since the generated noise was the least.

<b> Searching for the true, the beautiful, and the eternal </b>

FatBurger

Illustrious
I've got a Lite-On 16x burner sitting next to me. It burns slow and it ejects like it's 5 years old and about to die (it's brand new).
Not too impressed.

<font color=blue>Hi mom!</font color=blue>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I have had several Lite-On CDROMS that were super durable, dependable, and read through as many scratches as anything else could. Quality may vary depending on model?

What's the frequency, Kenneth?