Who will pricematch Microcenter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dan1331

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2012
Microcenter has the S27B970D Series 9 27" LED Monitor for $800 while everyone else has it for $1,000. I do not have a Microcenter near me.

I tried ordering from Microcenter's website and I got a confirmation email but they were not even shipping it for 7 days and it warned that low inventory items might be sold out and the order could be cancelled so I called and they said all 3 warehouses are sold out. Some local stores still have them but I am not near any.

I read http://www.jr.com/ would price match microcenter but when I called they only offered to reduce the price from $1,000 to $900. J&R's policy has a lot of loopholes for them to not pricematch so I wasn't surprised.

I tried price matching with bestbuy.com but they said the nearest micro center was 110miles from me and they only price match within 25 miles... so that will work for some of you but not me.

I tried pricematching at the local best buy and they offered to lower the price from $1,000 to $900. When I said that wasnt their policy they said its an item they don't stock and special orders aren't covered by the policy they were only offering to be nice.

I emailed Amazon and clicked the link on the product page and notified them of a better price but lets get real, Amazon's price policy says they only match TVs.

I would have to pay sales tax at best buy thus making the deal a bit worse anyway. Any other ideas where I could try?

Quiqzal

Honorable
Jan 16, 2013

Do you have a local Fry's? They generally price match or beat the other store but make sure you have a current dated flyer, print out, etc. Also never hurts if it is on their site to have the web site as well as your local Microcenters phone number. It all helps in moving faster with them.

If you have a local TigerDirect store give them a call as well.

Good Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.