Feb 5, 2021
Hello PC people. I'm a newcomer, and I need some help on my PC build.

Bought it off Facebook awhile back. Said to be a "Low-end Gaming Desktop". Turned out not to be. I played around with it, and eventually got it working with Windows 10. Sluggish on start, but works up to speed.

A few days or weeks ago (cant remember really), I ran into the problem one night to find that my motherboard screen had frozen. Rebooted it, hasnt worked since. I've tried everything I can think of. I have an external kill button/switch, but that's does nothing. Only reboots.

What can I do? It locks me out of my whole system (keyboard, mouse, storage, etc). I haven't tried the button on my motherboard because I'm worried it'll literally kill everything.

I have info on all components.
Mother board: Asus P8875-V
Intel core i5 at 3.1ghz
Power supply: APEVIA 600W Spirit Power ATX-SP600W

I look forward to some help. Much appreciated.

Feb 5, 2021
Does it freeze at the bios screen where it says ASUS, or does it freeze once in windows.
It freezes after a blank screen with text. Here's the sequence,

Asus motherboard- for like 7 or 10 or 15 seconds
Realtek Ethernet Agent text- set at 5 seconds
Asus motherboard- frozen

I dont have anything Realtek as far as I know of. Only a CISCO wireless adapter, but that's external and removed.

Feb 5, 2021
I meant before this current problem. For any used system, that needs to be your first action.

Anyway....This could be one of several issues, all hardware.

How much did you pay for this, and how long ago?
My misunderstanding. Yes, I do recall wiping one of them (i formatted it) before adding Windows 10.

The guy wanted 200. I got 175 I think out of it. Got it about last year. Maybe late July or mid August. Summer job you could call it. Lol.

Feb 5, 2021
Before the freeze problem at least.

I have a number of theories.
  1. My motherboard couldn't take the next update in that Windows 10 testing thing. Even with backups.
  2. My motherboard has glitched and cannot execute an action to boot any disk
  3. My motherboard is too old in general and I need to find a new one
The best I can think of.

Feb 5, 2021
Can you give a detailed list of ALL the parts in this?

How many RAM sticks, dries, etc, etc.
Sure:

Ram: x2 Kingston 8gb Memroy Kit DDR3
KHX1600C9D3K2/8G
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 3.5 inch Sata- 2010-11 versions 500Gb
x2 SAMSUNG 1000.0GB laptop drive ST1000LM024
Western Digital Caviar Blue 500gb WD5000AAKB-00H840
Graphics: Gigabyte AMD Radeon HD 6700 series 4gb
Motherboard and CPU: Asus ATX (6.0gb sata)
P8875-V
Intel Core i5 processor 3.1 ghz.
(Not sure what anniversary)
Power supply: APEVIA Spirit Power Series ATX-SP600W
Others:
LITEON Optical drive DVD-Rom
(hasnt worked properly since purchase)
Case: Rosewill Challenger USB 3.0 Version

The Western Digital Blue and Seagate are original purchase. Power Supply was bought because original was shot.
Too many SATA cables I have. Way too many. They are the small ones, not the wide ones.

Feb 5, 2021
Remove all unnecessary drives
Remove 1 RAM stick
Does the CPU have an integrated GPU? This is know by knowing the exact model. If so, remove the GPU.

Basically, reduce the system to the minimum needed to try to boot up.
Remove all unnecessary drives
Remove 1 RAM stick
Does the CPU have an integrated GPU? This is know by knowing the exact model. If so, remove the GPU.

Basically, reduce the system to the minimum needed to try to boot up.
Ok. Took out unnecessary drives. Down to 4gb ram. Found the CPU box. 2011 intel core i5 3.1 ghz. 6mb cache, lga1150 77w.
S/n: unintelligible
Product code: BX80637153450
S SPEC: SROPF

I assume a 2011 series processor doesn't have an integrated GPU.

Running a boot up test

Feb 5, 2021
Does it help to tell that before shutting it off the night before my problem, I was looking through my AMD catalyst control center? Looking at VGA displays, I clicked something. And the it black out on me like it shut off.

Feb 5, 2021
Yeah. I pressed the text box that was highlighted.

Properties, and then there was a box that I clicked under something called attributes

Couldnt insert image