Who's still using dial up internet? and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
Well, since there are so many places out there that do not have cellphone coverage and fixed dial-up internet is considered as great as FTTH. It still is a great working option when compared to nothing. There are places where GPRS (not even EDGE) is the main internet access. I had to use dialup over satellite handset myself in some places. Depends on what you compare it to.
I am curious what benefits some people still see in dial by todays standards. that's all
The factor that most people who are still using are getting free internet and at least have some source of internet connectivity that way they can still work semi game and things normal people do with the internet the issue is it so old and out dated it's slower then slow because most people get it for free with some sort of other item in a bundle deal

microtank

Commendable
Mar 26, 2021
Not a technical "Network" question.

Moving thread to Opinions and Experiences - more applicable
I see this pattern in all classic retro games of the PC era... it fits the topic, but not supported by the OPINIOns of the majority. I don't know where people come up with this so called entitlement but it wasn't never earned.

D

Deleted member 14196

What? What on earth are you even talking about he simply moved this thread to the appropriate place on the forum

Reactions: white.a.drew
Well, since there are so many places out there that do not have cellphone coverage and fixed dial-up internet is considered as great as FTTH. It still is a great working option when compared to nothing. There are places where GPRS (not even EDGE) is the main internet access. I had to use dialup over satellite handset myself in some places. Depends on what you compare it to.

Reactions: white.a.drew
Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.