Why am I able to pick the solution in all threads?

Pr3di

Honorable
Hey guys,

For about the past 2 weeks I have the option to pick or unselect an answer in ALL threads, not just my own.

I can unselect already selected answers, and also pick new ones.

Also, I just removed my picked solution which was the best answer in this thread: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-1993234/powerful-gpu-monitor-powerful-gpu.html

Is this something that only happens for everyone else, or just me?

So far I only tried it out to see if the changes actually get done, however this might be a really bad thing for the website if other members have this option.

Solution
Typically the OP does get the decision as to who gets the BA, as most people leave it to the OP unless the thread is old. Very rarely is the OP's decision overturned by someone else.

Pr3di

Honorable
Really? This does not sound very wise to me...

Foe example GPU fanboys can select answers based on what company they favor. I think the creator of a thread should be the only one with the ability to choose the answer...

randomizer

Champion

Of course they can, which is why we monitor for abuse of the system. If you think someone is selecting best answers for the wrong reasons then report the thread using the button in the lower right of a post and we'll look into it.

TRENDING THREADS