Question why am i experiencing these issues with a decent graphic card and good cpu

Jun 1, 2019
i have upgraded my pc to a - nvidia 1050ti-amd ryzen 5 2600-and while playing fortnite i have performance issues like extreme frame drops and not loading into a game for a while.

DavidM012

Distinguished
list your full system specs:

cpu:
cooler:
board:
ram: make model part number

psu:
drives:
chassis:
fans:

The 1050 is the entry level for the gtx series, the 1660 is the current go to mid range card, what settings are you playing at, 1080p ultra ? Does the problem reduce at lower settings? Do you have your ram dual channel with xmp enabled?

Jun 1, 2019
cpu- amd ryzen 5 2600 cooler- not sure to be honest i think just the thing which came with the cpu board- a320m-dvs r4.o ram-4gb psu-not sure drives-dont no how to check chasis- no idea sorry fans-2 i think even at all low settings i experience the issues

DavidM012

Distinguished
Ram 4gb that's your issue right there 8gb would be the minimum requirement, windows is paging like crazy because the ram is full it writes it all out to disk which is about 10x - 100x times slower data transfer speed, depending on the drive you're using. That is a major performance bottleneck.

The cpu temps are probably ok but you should check them in ryzen master anyway I expect it would be something approaching 70c under load, which is normal. You could run the cpu cooler with a better cooler if you wanted to, but it is not necessarily thermally throttling with the amd cooler. Depends what your boost clock might be, could be revving up and slowing down all the time.

If you are using a hdd rather than an ssd windows paging is even slower because a hdd is 10x slower than an ssd which is another major bottleneck.

If you buy another identical dimm it may or may not be compatible with your existing 4gb dimm. Memory is usually sold in kits, dimms bought individually are not guaranteed to work together. They may or may not, that's your chance to take, but a new kit of 2x4gb for 8gb or 2x8 for 16gb is the only way to get the manufacturer guarantee they will work together.

Dunno if you know if the memory xmp profile is enabled, or what the speed rating of the dimm is, you'd need the make model and part number to look that up, doesn't matter if you buy a new kit then start with the qvl for the board as a reference for finding compatible memory.

4gb ram: absolutely a bottleneck. hdd instead of ssd? Might be another one. Cpu thermally throttling, possibly another one.

ps. PSU uknown possible dodgy low quality unit that might potentially malfunction hazardously somehow and at least cease normal operation.

Last edited:
Reactions: NightHawkRMX
Jun 1, 2019
Ram 4gb that's your issue right there 8gb would be the minimum requirement, windows is paging like crazy because the ram is full it writes it all out to disk which is about 10x - 100x times slower data transfer speed, depending on the drive you're using. That is a major performance bottleneck.

The cpu temps are probably ok but you should check them in ryzen master anyway I expect it would be something approaching 70c under load, which is normal. You could run the cpu cooler with a better cooler if you wanted to, but it is not necessarily thermally throttling with the amd cooler. Depends what your boost clock might be, could be revving up and slowing down all the time.

If you are using a hdd rather than an ssd windows paging is even slower because a hdd is 10x slower than an ssd which is another major bottleneck.

If you buy another identical dimm it may or may not be compatible with your existing 4gb dimm. Memory is usually sold in kits, dimms bought individually are not guaranteed to work together. They may or may not, that's your chance to take, but a new kit of 2x4gb for 8gb or 2x8 for 16gb is the only way to get the manufacturer guarantee they will work together.

Dunno if you know if the memory xmp profile is enabled, or what the speed rating of the dimm is, you'd need the make model and part number to look that up, doesn't matter if you buy a new kit then start with the qvl for the board as a reference for finding compatible memory.

4gb ram: absolutely a bottleneck. hdd instead of ssd? Might be another one. Cpu thermally throttling, possibly another one.

ps. PSU uknown possible dodgy low quality unit that might potentially malfunction hazardously somehow and at least cease normal operation.
ok thanks for your help

Jun 1, 2019
why is my pc sometimes quite slow i have cleaned all junk files and stuff im using a nvidia 1050ti with a amd ryzen5 2600 but only 4gb of ram

jnsupes

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2012
You could be having any sort of issues, but the likely culprit would be the RAM. You did not state what exactly you were using the computer for, but 4 GB is not really cutting anymore these days. Depending on your usage and budget I would recommend going to either 8 GB or 16 GB. Ryzen relies on higher frequency RAM which is actually nice for something to actually use higher frequency RAM for a actual benefit but I don't know for sure how much you would be able to tell (all depending on what you are using it for and such).

To see how much RAM you are actually using you can open up Task Manager if you are using Windows and keep an eye on the RAM / Memory usage there. It is important to realize that even if you have 8 GB or even 16 GB or RAM, the amount that can be taken up by things like Chrome seem to stay high. However having more will help with the slow downs you are experiencing.

Even though you said you cleaned up the files I would also always advise to double check for malware and viruses, and to check what programs are running in the background if you don't need them.