why am i getting a blue screen

Pokemonking81

Reputable
Apr 19, 2015
I'll start the pc and i'll get the windows loading screen then the blue screen flashes then the pc restarts is self
pc specs dell optiplex gx280 motherboard rev A00, Pentium 540,radeon hd 6670, toshiba hard drive 1gb ram windows 7 32bit 350 watt power supply.

Pokemonking81

Reputable
Apr 19, 2015

The pc is used, i put a hhd in it 2 days ago and it stared to blue screen, the drive has windows 7 32 bit, previous owner upgraded to 1gb of ram

Maybe.

Try running under elevated command prompt chkdsk C: /f, assuming that the boot drive is C:. If boot drive is another letter then substitute that letter for C. You will probably have to reboot to have the chkdsk do the scan of the drive.

Could also try running under elevated command prompt sfc /scannow. This will check for and correct system file errors.

Elevated command prompt means running the "DOS" like command box with administrator rights.

Click Start, select All Programs, select Accessories, highlight Command Prompt with cursor, right click mouse button, select Run as Administrator.

In box command box that appears, type in the command as detailed previously and press enter key, and follow any prompts/messages given.

Sounds like someone has changed it from IDE to AHCI in the BIOS. You maybe getting a 0x0000007b stop error

Which means it cant find the hard drive. And what youre seeing/getting is what can happen, if someone did the above

Go into the BIOS change AHCI to IDE save settings then reboot

Since you reset the bios, reconfigure it

Sorry. I forgot that Windows does not fully load, so you can't use elevated command etc procedure.

Try to use another RAM module instead (borrow it from neighbour, friend etc if necessary). And/or try the original RAM module in another computer (neighbor's, friend's etc computer).

Try another video card (again borrow one if necessary). And/or try the original video card in another computer.

Try another PSU (borrowed if necessary).

If done all of the above and the system still doesn't boot up/run properly, then the motherboard may be faulty.

Seems at this stage either the RAM and/or the motherboard is faulty. Although I suspect the motherboard may be a bit more likely to be faulty because of the speaker "tick".

However, it would be preferable to try other RAM or try original RAM in another computer to confirm or eliminate the original RAM as being faulty, but if this is not possible, then replacement of both RAM and the motherboard may be required.

But, as it is suspected the motherboard is more likely to be faulty (rather than the RAM), then perhaps try replacing only the motherboard, if possible.

Pokemonking81

Reputable
Apr 19, 2015

ill order a new board from ebay or somewhere else and ill see i the problem persists.

Pokemonking81

Reputable
Apr 19, 2015

I got a new board and i still have the same problem could it the processor i'll order more ram and see if i have the same problem