[SOLVED] Why am I getting artifacting on my Sapphire 5700 XT in Red Dead 2?

May 21, 2020
Hey guys I've been noticing artifacting on the bottom of my screen in Red Dead 2 lately. This same thing occurred on my 5600 XT which I returned in favor of the 5700. Here's what it looks like:
https://streamable.com/prgh0a
Strangely enough it only seems to happen around the water in the game and so far it's the only game I've had it happen in. Is this something related to the card or is it perhaps a driver issue with Red Dead in particular? What can I do to fix this? What do you guys think?
it's around 4-5 seconds in at the bottom right

Solution
I am not normally a fan of using older drivers, but the 20.4.2 are optional beta drivers, whereas 20.2.2 is the latest WHQL drivers. If the water refractions trick doesn't do it, maybe try downloading the 20.2.2 drivers, uninstall your current ones with DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller), and then install the 20.2.2 drivers.

I'll admit it's a bit of grasping at straws. I'm hoping the water refractions setting does the trick.

Another question - and this is a shot in the dark, since all other games are working, but what is the brand and exact model number of your power supply? Honestly, if it was the power supply, I would suspect that you would have problems in all demanding games, not just RDR2.

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
I am not normally a fan of using older drivers, but the 20.4.2 are optional beta drivers, whereas 20.2.2 is the latest WHQL drivers. If the water refractions trick doesn't do it, maybe try downloading the 20.2.2 drivers, uninstall your current ones with DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller), and then install the 20.2.2 drivers.

I'll admit it's a bit of grasping at straws. I'm hoping the water refractions setting does the trick.

Another question - and this is a shot in the dark, since all other games are working, but what is the brand and exact model number of your power supply? Honestly, if it was the power supply, I would suspect that you would have problems in all demanding games, not just RDR2.

Solution
May 21, 2020

Hey man I increased water refractions to high and it seems that it's fixed for now

Reactions: King_V

TRENDING THREADS