[SOLVED] Why am I getting error "Destination path too long" while copying in Dell EMC2 NAS Storage Data?

seema kanwal

Reputable
Aug 6, 2020
Dear Community,

We have Dell EMC2 NAS Storage. We have created shares oflders in it.

When i try to copy data from one folder (xyz-share this folder contains many subfolders and files inside it ) to another(abc-share ) inside NAS it gives me error "Destination Path Too Long". I cannot rename all files and folders to copy the data as it would take forever. Can anyone please suggesta a solution?

Solution
Dear Community,

When i try to copy data from one folder (xyz-share this folder contains many subfolders and files inside it ) to another(abc-share ) inside NAS it gives me error "Destination Path Too Long". I cannot rename all files and folders to copy the data as it would take forever. Can anyone please suggesta a solution?
There is a 256 character limit for filepath, there are ways to change it for windows 10 but if this is a business system I would not dare to change anything.

If you are copying to the root of the NAS instead of to another(abc-share ) inside NAS and it doesn't work you will have to shorten the path(s) somehow...
Dear Community,

There is a 256 character limit for filepath, there are ways to change it for windows 10 but if this is a business system I would not dare to change anything.

If you are copying to the root of the NAS instead of to another(abc-share ) inside NAS and it doesn't work you will have to shorten the path(s) somehow.
https://knowledge.autodesk.com/supp...th-limitation-MAX-PATH-is-256-characters.html

Solution

seema kanwal

Reputable
Aug 6, 2020
I am copying data from an already created folder inside the nas (xyz-share ) & copying to another folder in nas (a newly created folder abc-share ). I am not copying it to the root.

TRENDING THREADS