[SOLVED] Why am I getting no signal out of my MoBo HDMI and USB ports after installing a new PSU

Dec 31, 2021
I replaced a 650 watt Corsair PSU with an 850 watt because after months of driver timeouts, I realized that the AMD 6700xt Red Devil requires 50 more watts than the regular AMD 6700xt. After connecting the new PSU, I was getting no signal from the graphics card or MoBo. My keyboard and mouse worked for a little bit, but after rebooting while trying to fix the no signal, the keyboard and mouse no longer turn on at all. The fans and graphics card all turn on, but that's it. I tried hooking up the old PSU and the problem persists. Is it possible that the new PSU broke my MoBo. Also, I am 99% sure that all connections were secure and correct. I've tried different cables and different ports. Please help me, I am at a complete loss. Below are my specs

Ryzen 7 5700g with Radeon Graphics
Asus Prime B550M-A (WiFi)
AMD rx 6700xt Red Devil
16 GB (2 x 8GB) Corsair RAM
650 watt Fully Modular Corsair PSU (old)
850 watt Fully Modular Corsair PSU (new)

Solution
Powercolor, the manufacturer, says the minimum wattage is 700.
Do they say what quality PSU you have to use?
How would I reset the BIOS.
Disconnect the system from the wallsocket and press the power button in the front of the case. Flip out the CMOS battery for a minute and put it back. Connect to the wall socket and press the power button.
Corsair 850 B5 Bronze
That's not a Corsair. B5 Bronze is EVGA.

Did you replace all the modulair cables of the old Corsair RM650 with the cables that came with the EVGA 850 B5?
Dec 31, 2021
Did you reset the motherboard BIOS?

Even 650w is plenty for your rig!
What exact models of Corsair PSUs?
Powercolor, the manufacturer, says the minimum wattage is 700. I did not reset the MoBo BIOS before installing the new psu. But I can't get any kind of signal of peripherals to work even with the old psu. How would I reset the BIOS. I have also already tired taking the GPU out and trying to boot with the old and new psus. Still not signal or peripherals. The exact psus are the Corsair 850 B5 Bronze. The old one is a Corsair 650 RM.

Powercolor, the manufacturer, says the minimum wattage is 700.
How would I reset the BIOS.
Disconnect the system from the wallsocket and press the power button in the front of the case. Flip out the CMOS battery for a minute and put it back. Connect to the wall socket and press the power button.
Corsair 850 B5 Bronze

Did you replace all the modulair cables of the old Corsair RM650 with the cables that came with the EVGA 850 B5?

Solution
Dec 31, 2021

Sorry. You're right. It is an EVGA not Corsair. I did replace all the cables with the new ones that came with the EVGA. Powercolor does not say what quality psu to use. I'll try resetting the BIOS now and give y'all an update.

TRENDING THREADS