Question Why am I getting some old Windows animation during boot ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tensor69

Prominent
Jun 29, 2021
I started my PC and out of nowhere instead of the usual Windows 10 loading screen I am seeing some other old Windows animation. I tried restoring Windows but it didn't help, nor did startup recovery.

How do i fix it?

tensor69

Prominent
Jun 29, 2021
Its just a normal install from iso image
it was working fine for the last couple of months
now it just suddenly decides to use the old animation

Colif

Win 11 Master
7wOVyha.jpg

the text at bottom of the screen makes me think its the BIOS, not windows?
Press Esc to enter setup is a bios menu. isn't it? (its been a while since I used 7)
Resuming screen shows if you use hibernation, depends on speed of PC if you see that or not.

what are specs of the PC? is it custom made or oem?
if custom, what motherboard?
if oem, what make/model?

did you ever have any other windows on here? More than 1 hdd/ssd in PC?

Last edited:

tensor69

Prominent
Jun 29, 2021
I tried entering the bios but apparently the old animation thing covers the screen, so I am in the bios but I can't see it ?

The PC is an old prebuilt from hp
There was never any other drive or stuff like that

Colif

Win 11 Master
I don't think its an old animation, that isn't normal or expected. I don't know what causes it, could be bios itself is corrupted somehow.

But regardless of fact you can't read it, we know BIOS works as PC works... what happens on a restart? If you using Hibernation it isn't turning off completely each night, so wonder what its like after a restart.

Had any storms or power outages recently?

tensor69

Prominent
Jun 29, 2021
Ok so I tried starting my PC and it wouldn't output a video signal so I changed to vga cable for a moment and then hard restarted it and I can access the bios for now so.... It works I guess?

Whatever I'll be closing this thread since this is neither a recognised problem nor I have time to diagnose it for long

But thanks for listening to me - u might feel like your time was wasted but it meant the world to me especially cuz those wussies at super user closed my questions like the a**holes they are

Status
Not open for further replies.