Question Why am I having a problem installing Windows 10 ?

Novel8

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2013
When Win 10 was first offered free with upgrades, I had no problem with the existing desktop. Then the inevitable happened the computer crashed and i lost all of win 10. So i went ahead to download the M.C.T. and always get as far as the first Windows reboot it warns us....nothing happens as far as seeing win 10. I 've followed the tutorial shown here to a tee and still it ends up at the first reboot. Any ideas why i am having this problem with this same desktop that held the updated free one just fine?

Novel8

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2013
What does it warn us?!
Also it doesn't boot windows 10, but does it do anything, does it show anything on screen?!
Do you remove the usb drive before the reboot?
By "warning us".....when we sometimes install software in windows, it gets to the point that all is well so far and be prepared that windows is now going to reboot in less than 9 seconds.
It shows nothing after rebooting....the screen stays the same, no message.
I have tried both methods....at the time of the 'warning', I leave the usb plugged in....waited and nothing. One time I even removed the usb and same results. A couple of times i did hear Coltana's voice congradulating me, but there is NO visible Win 10.

Novel8

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2013
This could mean that the installation was fine but it uses a different output.
If you have a GPU but your mobo also has video outputs, try connecting the monitor to every possible port on the gpu and the mobo to see if you get an output.
Sorry, when it comes to GPU and video outputs from my MB leaves me in the dark, My MB is A88X-Pro from 2016, and i do not have a video card installed...i am using intergrated video, I believe its called.