[SOLVED] Why am I having fps drops?

Jul 27, 2020
I have i3 7100 and gtx 1050Ti 4gb and 4gb ram I used to play GTA V without any FPS drops when I was using gtx 430 on the same pc now am getting fps drops in many another games so now my question is installing more RAM gonna solve the problem?

Solution
I would say so. More Vram turn around between GPU and system ram would quickly start using the HDD's pagefile virtual ram.

The old card had 512MB didn't it? Can you try lower GTA settings so Vram usage is close to what it was before, to try sort of see if problem still persists?

The OS alone can use a fair bit of ram, between 2~3GB. Doesn't leave much for applications. OS would try it's best to utilise, but yeah, more ram couldn't hurt. 2x 8GB for dual channel 16GB is recommended nowadays.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
I would say so. More Vram turn around between GPU and system ram would quickly start using the HDD's pagefile virtual ram.

The old card had 512MB didn't it? Can you try lower GTA settings so Vram usage is close to what it was before, to try sort of see if problem still persists?

The OS alone can use a fair bit of ram, between 2~3GB. Doesn't leave much for applications. OS would try it's best to utilise, but yeah, more ram couldn't hurt. 2x 8GB for dual channel 16GB is recommended nowadays.

Reactions: Yahya304
Solution