[SOLVED] Why am I having FPS Stutters on games with good PC hardware?

Dec 4, 2019
I have been having issues with stuttering in games I play. I always strive to play at or above 120 frames because I have a 144hz monitor. I experience it mostly in Destiny 2 even when running on medium graphics, although, I feel as though my hardware can run higher than what it is at and not suffer stutters or low frames like it is. For the most part, I am experiencing game stutters and that's about it. This PC was my first solo build and I feel as though I did something wrong or tweaked some setting that I wasn't supposed to. Any help to solve or make it better would be great! If it turns out my hardware isn't good enough or I should be running medium settings to achieve 120 frames or higher consistently I will do that, I am just unsure about these things! Thank you!

I am running these specs:
MSI GTX 1070
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz, 4201 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
Windows 10 enterprise
16gb Corsair RAM
Motherboard: STRIX B250F GAMING
I am also run most games on an HDD and not an SSD, I have an SSD but it does not have the space for my games

Solution
I have been having issues with stuttering in games I play. I always strive to play at or above 120 frames because I have a 144hz monitor. I experience it mostly in Destiny 2 even when running on medium graphics, although, I feel as though my hardware can run higher than what it is at and not suffer stutters or low frames like it is. For the most part, I am experiencing game stutters and that's about it. This PC was my first solo build and I feel as though I did something wrong or tweaked some setting that I wasn't supposed to. Any help to solve or make it better would be great! If it turns out my hardware isn't good enough or I should be running medium settings to achieve 120 frames or higher consistently I will do that, I am just...

Dcopymope

Prominent
BANNED
Aug 13, 2018
I have been having issues with stuttering in games I play. I always strive to play at or above 120 frames because I have a 144hz monitor. I experience it mostly in Destiny 2 even when running on medium graphics, although, I feel as though my hardware can run higher than what it is at and not suffer stutters or low frames like it is. For the most part, I am experiencing game stutters and that's about it. This PC was my first solo build and I feel as though I did something wrong or tweaked some setting that I wasn't supposed to. Any help to solve or make it better would be great! If it turns out my hardware isn't good enough or I should be running medium settings to achieve 120 frames or higher consistently I will do that, I am just unsure about these things! Thank you!

I am running these specs:
MSI GTX 1070
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz, 4201 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
Windows 10 enterprise
16gb Corsair RAM
Motherboard: STRIX B250F GAMING
I am also run most games on an HDD and not an SSD, I have an SSD but it does not have the space for my games

Well, from which drive is your actual operating system run from? Its not going to matter where you have your games stored if your operating system is still being run off of your HDD.

Edit: Actually, both your games and operating system have to be on the SSD for the sake of performance, otherwise you'd be wasting your time. So as a start, you would be better off buying an SSD with enough memory to run both the O.S and your games from.

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution