[SOLVED] Why am I having frozen glitch bars?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 19, 2021
I'm not sure if this is a display issue but I will start here. Let me know if this question is appropriate under a different topic.

Bought a new pc few days back and I have been having this 'frozen/ stuck' distorted bars issue, sometimes black in color, but usually just this 4 bars. It happens randomly once or twice a day, once while watching Youtube and while my son was on Roblox( as shown below), sound works fine. Only goes away when I close the app. I'm guessing it happens even when GPU is not on high load. All my drivers are up to date.

Not sure if this is a GPU issue though, would prefer not to RMA if given a choice. I've tried googling it but I can't find a similar case or maybe I'm not finding the right term for it. Tried asking the retailer and they are stumped as well. I have no clue how to proceed from here. Any help will be much appreciated.

Edit: Do note my Samsung monitor is 10 years old from a previous setup thats been using DVI but now HDMI with a cable I found lying around.
MxkI7eW.gif

PC specs as follows (The monitor is from my previous setup):
CPU: AMD RYZEN 5 3500X
MOBO: ASUS B450M-K
GPU: SAPPHIRE RX580 OC 8GB GDDR5
RAM: 2 x XPG D41 8GB DDR4 3200MHz
SSD: PNY 256GB M.2 PCIE NVME
PSU: AIGO GP550 550W 80+ BRONZE
MONITOR: SAMSUNG B2330HD with HDMI
Windows 10 Pro

Last edited:
Solution
wonder if its an overlay of some kind

Try a clean boot and see if it changes anything - make sure to read instructions and make sure NOT to disable any microsoft services or windows won't load right - https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

if clean boot fixes it, it shows its likely a startup program. You should, over a number of startups. restart the programs you stopped to isolate the one that is to blame.

Colif

Win 11 Master
wonder if its an overlay of some kind

Try a clean boot and see if it changes anything - make sure to read instructions and make sure NOT to disable any microsoft services or windows won't load right - https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

if clean boot fixes it, it shows its likely a startup program. You should, over a number of startups. restart the programs you stopped to isolate the one that is to blame.

Solution
Jan 19, 2021
I reinstalled the Adrenalin 2020, it went without hiccups for 3 days and the the glitch came again during my son's session in Roblox. I'll give the route you recommend a go. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.