BANNED
Jul 24, 2017
I have a pc
specs.
cpu: ryzen 7 1700
gpu: Vega 56 oc Strix 8gb
ram: 2x8gb ddr4 ram
psu: evga 650w
I have 2 1tb hard drives but one runs at 100% utility and i dont know why. I tend to lag at games like fortnite on best settings when a friend with worse specs does just fine at best settings. I need help

Solution
UserBenchmark is reporting your base clock as 3Ghz and boost clock as 2.7Ghz?!

If I was to guess, I'd say that your CPU is throttling massively. Run HWiNFO64 in the background (sensors only with logging on) and run UserBenchmark again (along with other benches/stress testers/games) to see if your CPU is constantly downclocking.

JeremyJoel

Honorable
BANNED
Jul 24, 2017
View: https://imgur.com/a/t5sOeRm
meh, wasnt able to download a good benchmark so i tried the next best thing which was r6 siege benchmark.. I tend to lag pretty often on fortnite but no other game which i find to be astonishing. Idk why i have 100% usage tho
UserBenchmark is good, quick, and easy. It can show us what individual components are performing below expected and how your background processes look. Please run it and share the link to the results.
As @CountMike mentions, you've got a LOT of drive activity going on. Try a minimal boot to see if that makes a difference.

JeremyJoel

Honorable
BANNED
Jul 24, 2017
UserBenchmark is good, quick, and easy. It can show us what individual components are performing below expected and how your background processes look. Please run it and share the link to the results.
As @CountMike mentions, you've got a LOT of drive activity going on. Try a minimal boot to see if that makes a difference.
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/24882172 here is the results. kind of crappy. I was told to maybe get an SSD or upgrade to a ryzen 5 3600x.
@CountMike

I have a pc
specs.
cpu: ryzen 7 1700
gpu: Vega 56 oc Strix 8gb
ram: 2x8gb ddr4 ram
psu: evga 650w
I have 2 1tb hard drives but one runs at 100% utility and i dont know why. I tend to lag at games like fortnite on best settings when a friend with worse specs does just fine at best settings. I need help
It could be your graphics card. I have the exact same card and hotspot temperature and VDDC temp as from HWINFO64 spike really high sometimes causing the card to throttle.
You can test by running heaven benchmark with HWINFO64 running.

I'm going to take mine apart and change the thermal pads for grizzly ones when they arrive from amazon.

You can mitigate it a bit by installing ASUS GPU TweakII and setting the fan speed to manual 60% will stop it hitting 115C lol

Feb 19, 2020
Have you disabled windows game bar? It's known for causing these kinds of issues. It thrashes the disk, and records your gameplay in a junk CPU encoded DVR. Just search game bar in the windows setting menu and tick the box off.

JeremyJoel

Honorable
BANNED
Jul 24, 2017
It could be your graphics card. I have the exact same card and hotspot temperature and VDDC temp as from HWINFO64 spike really high sometimes causing the card to throttle.
You can test by running heaven benchmark with HWINFO64 running.

I'm going to take mine apart and change the thermal pads for grizzly ones when they arrive from amazon.

You can mitigate it a bit by installing ASUS GPU TweakII and setting the fan speed to manual 60% will stop it hitting 115C lol
thats the results. what I was told was, get a SSD at least 1tb soon and then a ryzen 5 3600x
I have the VEGA 56 STRIX OC edition.. not OCd tho
View: https://imgur.com/a/Dfi93C0

Feb 19, 2020
Why on earth would he DOWNGRADE his CPU? And the VEGA 56 should be able to stay on par with a 1660 NOT TI, something is wrong with the system.
You should be getting better marks AT least in the GPU department, there is a driver, or power, or config issue with the pc somewhere.

UserBenchmark is reporting your base clock as 3Ghz and boost clock as 2.7Ghz?!

If I was to guess, I'd say that your CPU is throttling massively. Run HWiNFO64 in the background (sensors only with logging on) and run UserBenchmark again (along with other benches/stress testers/games) to see if your CPU is constantly downclocking.

Solution