[SOLVED] Why am I receiving slower internet than other PCs in the house?

Oct 19, 2020
I am connected via Ethernet as is every other PC in the house. with no PCs downloading or otherwise using the internet, everyone in the house receives 500mbps download speeds. Whenever I speedtest however, I only receive 100mbps on my PC. Also i should note we are all using the exact same cable it is Cat6 and 50ft i ordered a bundle of them on amazon so they should all be the exact same.

Things we have tried
restarting the router/modem
restarting my PC
switching ethernet ports on the router/modem

we have also recently moved into a new house and the problem still exists so it isnt a location based issue.

Basically the question is how can I get this issue resolved and get the speeds I should be getting if the issue exists solely inside my PC, maybe a drivers issue?

Do you guys have any answers to any of these questions?

Router/Modem combo is: Samsung Model# GX-MC990CL

Motherboard is: ASUS ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s ATX AMD Motherboard

PSU is: PSU CORSAIR | GS700 700W REC

Windows 10 up to date as of today, just checked

Internet Drivers as seen in MSinfo:
(Name) [00000016] Intel(R) Ethernet Controller (2) I225-V

(Drivers) C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\E2F68.SYS (1.0.1.4, 491.87 KB (503,672 bytes), 8/29/2020 11:28 AM)

ISP : Mediacom
Connection: Wired

Solution
The live cd is super easy and anyone can do it. Download this one:
https://www.spi.dod.mil/docs/TENS-3.0.2_public.iso

Write it to a cd, boot with cd, open browser, run speed test and check results.

Don't have a cd drive? Use rufus to write it to a usb and boot the usb:

If you still get 100Mbps, then it's in the hardware or network. If you get faster than 100Mbps, it's definitely a windows software issue of some sort and the hardware and nework are both fine. :)
Oct 19, 2020
direct cables to the router, just bought them last week a bundle of 3 which are being used by the other members of the house.

I personally have zero idea how to work anything linux related so ill need to do my research on youtube or something to test that out.

a little research has told me that it is a problem with the ASUS ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s ATX AMD Motherboard, but i havent been able to find any other posts that had answers that worked for my PC despite my best efforts ill look into the linux fix and see if it works but while im working on that, any other ideas?

The live cd is super easy and anyone can do it. Download this one:
https://www.spi.dod.mil/docs/TENS-3.0.2_public.iso

Write it to a cd, boot with cd, open browser, run speed test and check results.

Don't have a cd drive? Use rufus to write it to a usb and boot the usb:

If you still get 100Mbps, then it's in the hardware or network. If you get faster than 100Mbps, it's definitely a windows software issue of some sort and the hardware and nework are both fine. :)

Solution